Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

Got a family members lease expiring in December (Mercedes GLE). They want the same car.

Do I:

1. Extend the lease.
  2. Get a new lease like every other year.
  3. Change brands.

(Yes I know it’s too early to know for sure, just getting ideas, not looking for definitive answers)

The new GLE was leasing really poorly even before Covid-19

Survey the Marketplace section here in December and you might find a lot more bang for your buck in other brands.

But yeah it’s too early to tell

That might be tough; my understanding is that MBFS is not granting any lease extensions unless you are waiting for delivery on a new MB vehicle.

You’re so right. I laughed so hard at current leases, I went out and paid cash for a well priced used RX to “fill the gap” between now and when companies actually offer decent incentives again.

Depending on the situation, may be worth for @Seby12 to give MBFS a call.

@Seby12 I am in the same boat as you (lease mature in December). I currently drive an E400 wagon and originally was waiting for the E Wagon All-Terrain that will replace the “normal” E wagon.

I called MBFS and told them the All-Terrain won’t come till “late 2020”. What’s my option? They said they I can extend the lease for 1-3 months.

I am curious. Was it leasing poorly due to high MF / low RV?

I actually was looking at the GLE 450 earlier in the year. Seems like a good mid-size SUV, but of course this does not translate to “good lease”.

@HubbaHubba did they mention needing a production number? MBFS told me they need a production number for a car you’ve ordered to extend anything. I’d love to be wrong though

They didn’t, at least when I called.

I suspect it’s because of the model (All Terrain). Even the dealer order form I got in July still have lots of “TBD” in the pricing section.

I actually didn’t know what is a “production number”. LOL! Is this when you special order the vehicle? Or the number that is shown in mbusa.com inventory list as “available upon request”?

On mbusa.com, if you search for inventory, you’ll see a lot of “available upon request”, which mean the dealers don’t have it yet.

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

I am hoping things will turn around soon with more inventory for 2021 models.

Also, many companies, at least tech, started to move to “remote first” culture, like this one, so probably less people looking to buy / lease car? At least some report predicted that.

8…years ?! Jesus… and I thought 72 months loan is too long…

Extend or rent a car.

Poor discount; there are more variables than just that like no incentives. Hot car and sold out or low in many places.

Yes

Welp, if MBFS deny the extension, I’ll rent a car. Hahaha!

If you have a car on order, slim chance they would deny.

I’m in the market for a new car and it’s seems like the market has gotten really bad over the last few months. Seems that there are very few incentives being offered this month.

Have things tightened up or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks.

Really bad. Combination of limited supply plus a lot of buyers in the market.

2 Likes

Yah, market is rough right now

2 Likes

yea, it’s getting worse.
Even the used car market is crazy…

Comparatively bad in a market that grew used to practically being paid to take new cars. Lotta disappointed BMW lease returns so far this year. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Everything is bad, look at used car prices. Couple months ago I requested an offer from Vroom/Carvana and it came in at close to 9k, now 3 months later and 4k miles more i’m getting 11k offer, i paid 14k for it 3 years ago lol

2 Likes