Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

Leafs are still $77 bucks though.

13 Likes

As good as like 6-8 months ago where everyone was selling for positive equity ?

The positive equity has.gotten more positive

2 Likes

Yup, deals are mostly terrible this month. My company has an RX350 lease going back. Getting quotes of $100-150/mo more for a cheaper car…

Mhmm okay I will rerun quotes from various companies on my suv to see what they can do

Does buying looking better when compared to previous years?
Or is it historically bad across the board no matter how you end up with a car…

Only if the used market stays up (and it probably won’t)

If you’re not picky, there are a few decent deals. But nothing to shout about other than that

1 Like

Used car market will prob normalize by end of summer/early fall.

Sell those leases now while you can !

It is going to stay this way for a while. There is a major delay in builds with a certain manufacture for the remainder of the year and I would image that others will face the same problem.

1 Like

As for Mazda, there is the chip shortage, a fire at the major factory, and a Tsunami apparently and dealers will not be getting much inventory or any for a few months. That was info I was told by multiple dealers.

Sorry man :confused: 12.1 and base is the best I can do rn, it’s programs.

:chocolate_bar:

Just in my neighborhood, I swear about 1 out of 10 cars have temp license plates. A guy two houses down from me just got SQ5; gave his Subaru to his son who is now of driving age. Another guy a few houses down is picking up a 340i to replace his 328. Quite a few new Tesla Ys. And then I saw a LR Defender 110 the other day in the neighborhood walking my dog. I have seen it since, so don’t know if it’s garaged or it was just a visitor. I think a lot of people buying cars now that they’re getting vaccines and things are expected to go back to normal. I’m still working from home, but they said that they’re opening the office in July.

2 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

Definitely. Check out broker sheets. I’m still doing 10%+ discounts on all lexus except RC, LX and RXL. If you look hard enough you will find something. Venza LE, XLE is cheap and I have tons. Highlander is strong in three row, GX program and Lexus Hybrid is strong too. 10.5% on all Q7, and 2k in Costco rebates + lease cash and low MF/High RV.

:chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Also leafs are still 77 bucks. Not sure if that has been pointed out. And $36k muranos are 178 bucks.

9 Likes

Toyotas still leasing well. I have deals in Philly area if you’re interested.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate, but the great deals and unicorns we became accustomed to seeing just aren’t a thing right now, and haven’t been for a good year (with few exceptions like various EVs that have utility and gov’t rebates). I imagine it’ll be another year before we start seeing things swing back into the hackrs’ favor.

Gonna have to turn in the F-Type and buy a bike pretty soon :joy:

2 Likes

you/d be suprised that bikes have become pretty expensive as well – normal to spend close to $1k on a bike

1 Like

I suspect that the bikes in question here are an order of magnitude higher than that if they’re replacing an f type.