HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Hopefully tax credits are available when I take delivery to offset this especially if the Sahara and High Altitudes residual values go from 63% down to 60%

When did you order and where from? If you used Clutch it should include an RV lock, not sure about the other dealerships though.

Anyone with an RV lock that still has the waiver is going to get a great deal with the lower MF. It should compete with the initial deals that we saw here back in May.

The drop in mf offset the drop in RV already.

RV locks are no longer a thing (could be on this particular one, but isn’t on new orders)

That’s why I asked when he ordered

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Seems like Southeast is the only region with acquisition fee waived besides Mid-Atlantic which is only at 48 months

@spockvr6 continues to win the lottery

Does anyone know if acquisition fees are published somewhere or does it vary at a more local level?

So people with sold order protection gain on the mf decrease, but lose out on the acq fee waiver? Still seems like they come out ahead.

2 Likes

You aren’t even a supporter…

2 Likes

Any idea what the acq fee for MA is now?

People work full time as brokers. Why should they put in all the work to build relationships with dealers and then just give you everything for free… That’s like you doing all the work at your job and then I get your paycheck instead.

4 Likes

I’ve read the last 1,000 posts and would like to place an order. I’m in Los Angeles and don’t want to pay anything non-refundable, due to uncertainty about 2022 tax credit.

From what I can tell, no deposit is required for Chapman or Mall of Georgia. Are there any other possibilities with fully refundable deposits and fees, or no deposits or fees? I would go with a broker if broker fees are 100% refundable and deposits fully refundable, but I don’t know any who do this. Ideally I could drive 100 miles to pick up from a local dealership instead of having to deal with shipping.

Is there a ballpark estimate for shipping from Horsham to Los Angeles, and Buford to Los Angeles? If it’s $2,000 on up, that would be rough.

so picking up my Rubicon 4xe on Friday from Mall of Georgia. I’m not flipping it, I leased it because I like it and want to drive it for a year or so before selling. What’s the best deal, 36/10 or 36/12 for that use case? Somewhat new to leasing so sorry if this question is dumb

2 Likes

Your best bet is @Clutch for saving on shipping. He should have a West coast dealer.

That must have took as long as reading all the Harry Potter books!

1 Like

Depends on the mileage you drive annually

1 Like

Don’t know if this is true or not but I’m thinking that the banks that stopped 3rd party buyouts helped increase their used cars value… if so, if ccap stopped it would increase the 4xe value so taxes wouldn’t eat in as much

should be around 10k at the year mark. want to sell it around this time next year

Well, the best deal would be to spend less money if you plan to get rid of it in a year anyways. If you don’t plan on keeping it the mileage won’t necessarily matter if you go over (your 3rd party offer doesn’t take in to account your lease terms, just the overall mileage on the vehicle). HOWEVER, 1 year out and anything can happen. I would say the recommended route would be to pay for whatever mileage you need on the vehicle in the case that you have to drive it for 3 years.

1 Like

Makes sense. I’ll probably get the 12k just in case CCAP stops allowing third party buyouts and I don’t want to deal with purchasing and reselling.

1 Like