HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I’m not certain, I explicitly asked and received the response yes they can lock it and if the RV improves we can use that rate. This happened to me at Gupton in November and they honored the higher RV from my order date in September. My order in March had a more favorable RV so I didn’t get see if they would honor.

Things were different on the 21s. They were doing rv/mf locks then because the rates were incentivized.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Maybe they just are not aware or haven’t had something kicked back yet.

The residual values have been gradually working their way up on the 22s since they released them. I don’t think there’s been a month yet where they actually dropped, so there wouldn’t be any orders yet that they’d need to use a locked in rate.

1 Like

I’m betting good money they’re going to drop tomorrow.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if rv/mf stays the same and they just drop the acq fee waivers

1 Like

Have they ever kept it the same overall?

I think this was discussed last year. If i recall, all dealers can do it but it’s just more work for the dealer to do.

There was a path to it being doable last year though, with the rates being incentivized. The documentation from CCAP says rv/mf are only lockable with non-standard rates.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the dealer credit check is a soft or hard inquiry?

That’s a hard inquiry. So is the one from the captive… fyi

Finally picked up Nov order, Sahara sting grey, cold, safety. Did a one pay, monthly payment is 357.

28 Likes

Love the Sting Gray with Saddle. Somewhere on their lot should be my Sting Gray HA with gray interior. I wish I could have signed today before the numbers change tomorrow.

What discount is darcars offering?

Not as much any more. They were working with one of the brokers, but their deals have dried up recently from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Got tired of LHackers

1 Like

I do wonder if the dealers offering big discounts cycle occasionally. They seemed to change their discount model about the same time Chapman did and some others. Right around then, a handful of other dealers that hadn’t been as aggressive stepped in to fill their shoes. Probably a case of the dealer adjusting their business model for a period of time to boost volume, and then adjusting when either they hit whatever metric they were going for or they realize it isn’t worth the hassle of dealing with the bottom feeders.

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t realize they weren’t working with them anymore. Family member has one on order with them through said broker and was able to lock-in the 9.25 at the time. Also a Sarge Green with Saddle and SOT!

I could be wrong. My understanding was that that broker is now using a different dealership for new orders, but it could be an “as well as” rather than an “instead of” situation.

1 Like

looks like TrueCar not offering 500 Cash anymore. My trueCar offer expired on 5/2/2022. Couldn’t find any way to generate an offer that good for both lease/purchase