HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

May numbers come out tomorrow. It says through 5/2 and programs never end on Saturdays

Been lurking here for a few months waiting for my Sahara to be built and trying to track when others are receiving theirs. My dealership told me 6 weeks which has gone and passed without any comment. Dealer kept giving estimated build dates like 4/4, 4/11, 4/14, 4/17, 4/30. After the 4/30 date was missed I donā€™t think they even want to give me a new estimated date. Itā€™s frustrating, I would have preferred if they just said ā€œit will be several monthsā€ and stopped giving me false dates.

Anyway, my question. Has there been any effort on here to track the builds via the VIN numbers? The last 6 digits are the serial number. Are they doing in ascending order, like VIN 100,000 was ordered right before VIN 100,001?

I am curious if we can roughly estimate our order progress with the last 6 of the VINs. Mineā€™s in the 215,000 range.

5/2 is a Monday

1 Like

If your dealer said 6 weeks, they were being intentionally deceptive. They know damn well that these arenā€™t averaging 6 weeks.

Vin number is assigned sequentially based on when theyā€™re ordered, but they are not built sequentially, so trying to back out when yours will be built off of the vin is only going to lead to disappointment.

2 Likes

A very large amount of disappointment.

Yes it should be tomorrow.

99% rv like the frontiers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Damn you guys are fiending like crack heads.

Chill out they will come out tomorrow around lunch time .

5 Likes

Just got it after ordering 12/20! Now the fun 7 1/2 hour drive home. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Congrats! I just picked mine up recently from the same dealership. I know you had mentioned concerns about them making you sign a 12 month no-sale contract, did they ever end up actually giving you one in your paperwork? They did not give me one, so I was kind of curious.

Thanks. I didnā€™t put much faith in their claim that it would be 6 weeks. I had already seen from the forum that itā€™s often double that time. I told them that I absolutely, positively need it before 17 weeks as an anniversary present, and they told me I have nothing to worry about it will be much sooner than that. About to enter week 9 tomorrow.

It certainly should be much sooner than that, but the dealer has no actual control or way to make sure that happens. But Iā€™m sure theyā€™d certainly be happy to have you cancel your order so they have another inventory vehicle to sell.

1 Like

Chapman overpaid my tag and the dmv put the overage in my online account. They said I can request a refund after 2 weeks (time for check to clear). You may want to check if you have a refund in your dmv online account.

@buster11xx Iā€™m in NJ, highly unlikely they overpaid NJ dmv and if they did, also highly unlikely the state would give anything back LOL

@Rachmunas does that dealer store their cars in some underground parking lot and thatā€™s where deliveries also take place?

The dealer that @Rachmunas picked up from is in the heart of Maryland/DC. They hold cars in an underground ramp that are pending pick-up, and the remainder are held a few miles away in an overflow lot.

2 Likes

I am waiting for an invoice to place an order at Gupton today. Any predictions if RV will go down on Rubicon, I think itā€™s currently 66% for 36/10 and that is the highest they have been? Iā€™m trying not to bug them too much but wondering if I should persist to get the RV lock at 66% than let is lapse another day and place the order tomorrow.

For those ordering, a reminder. High Altitude order bank is Closed.
Also, Granite Crystal Metallic color has been closed out for 2022 ordering.
Colors available to order are:
Silver Zynith
Sting Gray
Sarge Green
Limited edition Gobi Clear coat
Hydro Blue
High velocity Yellow
Firecracker Red
Bright white
Black

11 Likes

They didnā€™t bring it up

Iā€™m still very confused as to how Gupton is able to lock RV when no one else can.

66% is the highest weā€™ve seen on these.

1 Like

And Iā€™m confused why youā€™d wait even if you could lock it in.

1 Like