HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

MrBigLips, before you do that, call up the dealer @Clutch hooked you up with and tell them you intend to ship, and who is the shipper they use for the best rate. They may be able to help you to get a group rate on their end without you having to do the leg work.

1 Like

It’s too late to apply. As far as I am aware, your application had to be in by August 1.

I am thinking about ordering Rubi - to flip, black or hydro?

Hydro

Black not as strong at auction

I wanted Hydro Sahara however no one would take affilicates.

Ya know, there is a thread around here somewhere that tells you exactly who you can order from and get affiliate. Huh, now where did that thread go? ….

10 Likes

Can we talk about how to pick a shipper?

Prices are all over the place and i don’t want to pick the wrong company and i also dont want to spend an insane amount.

I have to ship 2 to ohio from Gupton.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

By now it should be clear that there is something more at play here than a vehicle “chip shortage” they can’t seem to fix. I mean they are making all the phones and electronics that keep people busy at home. Frankly, it looks like an agenda to drive up pricing and reduce the number of people driving.

Lots will never be full again. Most sales will be order only and limited to those with the increased financial means and social credit to be allowed to drive.

Pm me I’ll help

You’re stating this conspiracy theory with a whole lot of confidence.

4 Likes

Actually no, that’s not it at all.

The majority of the “chip” problem has been the associated supply chains that lead to production.

The WSJ ran a pretty good article about this today but for most people heavily involved in an industry affected by this it’s been well known.

Every time one of these covid waves flare up it affects everything downstream of it. The Philippines shuddering businesses are causing this newest cycle of problems.

Murata Manufacturing and Taiyo Yuden Co — manufacture multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs), tiny pieces of ceramic used to control the flow of electricity inside a device

Both suppliers have been impacted by a surge of Covid-19 infections across East Asia. Taiyo Yuden has been forced to operate without 40% of its employees while Murata, the world’s largest MLCC manufacturer (responsible for 40% of the global MLCC supply), has had to shut down. The Philippines-based company has seen cases triple in the country over the last 6 weeks

Another issue nobody is talking about is that most sea-based freight is still using the hub and spoke method.

Things in SE Asia are produced in country X and Y but are sent to country Z because they are the largest shipping port in the region.

Seaports literally cannot process the backlog of incoming ships as it is - Supply-Chain Crisis Continues As 33 Cargo Ships Wait to Dock

Factor in that the biggest hub in that part of the world just flooded - China Typhoons Create Latest Supply-Chain Threat as Ports Shut - Bloomberg

Just because CNBC and Fox News keep saying chip shortage does not mean that’s actually a summation of the problem.

3 Likes

This man loves his freight @aronchi

2 Likes

I’m running out of conspiracy theories as they keep turning out to be true.

You have confidence that nothing strange is going on? Empty dealer lots across the whole country. Papers required to do basic things in many places now.

Keep asleep, it’s your perogative.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for a shipping company that wont brake the bank and deliver my jeeps in one piece…ideally on time.

1 Like

Car manufacturers make more money if they sell more cars.

If there are fewer cars and dealers sell those cars over MSRP, as an example, that money doesn’t go back to the manufacturer.

Sure, captives/manufacturers can justify cutting rebates due to fewer units, but they make the most if they sell the most cars.

My question to you is…who do you think is benefiting from your theories that has the power to slow down the supply chain?

1 Like

Agreed, that’s why I put chip shortage in quotes. I understand and appreciate the many considerations in the reasons being given for the supply disruptions affecting vehicle inventory I would only say I strongly believe the root causes run deeper. There is a clearly stated green agenda by governments across the globe. At a minimum we are never going back to what we had before. Let’s see where we are a year or two from now. Time answers all questions.

P.S. I’m not flipping my 4xe. I’ll going to order a scat pack charger from Gupton as well.

Add me to that list. I did talk to the clutch southeast dealership and they mentioned they have some preferred companies and actually can help to coordinate multiple deliveries in the same area. Haven’t gotten to that point, but they seemed seasoned and knowledgeable in shipping so I’ll probably lean on them. However, “Trust but verify”.

2 Likes

There is an entire thread discussing the nuances

This is still the best recap I’ve found so far

“chips” have become a proxy for all the components in all the JIT supply chains that broke-down, and shipping delays, and multiple exogenous events - mostly because people are too lazy to get into the details, which are all there.

Nobody who makes cars wants expensive, unused capex capacity (those factories cost a fortune to build and operate), plenty of labor, plenty of dealerships staffed and ready to sell - but are missing 1-2 parts to finish tens-of-thousands of WIP units they can’t sell. In this volume business, nobody is getting richer overall because they have fewer new cars to sell, nor enough used cars to substitute with.

7 Likes

What deal are they doing for you on that?