HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

I’ve been skipping any accessories on my builds

Last thing I want are mats holding up delivery

Hydro / Saddle will look awesome

1 Like

Yeah I should just be happy with my hydro blue and stop having FOMO

2 Likes

You will love it.

It’s a fantastic color and easy to live with for a long time

I’m concerned Tuscadero could be tough to look at after the novelty wears off

5 Likes

Amen to that brotha… I guess my one Regert is not getting the sky touch.

1 Like

That one I agree with :slight_smile:

Yeah to me sky top is priceless tbh, plus anyone who has ever had it will prolly never not get it

4 Likes

Agree with that 100%

The 392 I had was dual top and my current Rubi is SOT. Will never go without it

1 Like

How is the cabin noise level on the highway vs hardtop?

It’s more for sure but the hardtop had the deadening material from Mopar

I haven’t tried the hot heads one touch liner yet but ordered it today on sale

That’s why I went Firecracker Red in the end.

I have the hothead liner. It has helped a bit. Biggest improvement has been less noise when it’s raining.

1 Like

Same here. Although I did want to flip and order a blue one, the wife’s preferred color, and add safety packs. But with the msrp hikes, broker fee, and shipping, it would be a zero net gain proposition at this point, and who knows when it would even arrive.

1 Like

I only had the intention of flipping my incoming 392 (after flipping the first one).

I grabbed a 4xe off the lot because I had an opportunity to get rid of a Disco 8 months early to make way for an incoming Defender.

Prior to grabbing the aforementioned 4xe, I placed an order for one elsewhere at 10.6% off. I didn’t expect it to arrive for a long time.

Now, it’s arriving by 9/10.

I could just pass on it, but I can dump the one I just got 8/13 for a net gain of $2000-2500 (all I care about is getting out clean so this is a nice little win) and getting the desired spec I built in July for $2800 (in additional discount from my current one) + 895 (in waived acq fee this month) less shipping ($400) and reg service ($200) difference.

Overall, should gain $2000ish from the one I just got, and have my desired spec for $3000ish less over 36M.

As I mention all the time, I was OK getting stuck with any of these if the flip isn’t possible. That’s the attitude to have going into it.

4 Likes

I just ran the numbers again and I think I could come out maybe $1500-$1700 ahead, if I got a $50k offer. Would still be waiting a long time.

Im so jealous of you guys that have your 4xe. Ordered two 3 months ago and one is missing in transit and the other isnt even built yet.

I just came back from vacation in tennessee. I tried hitting up many dealerships on the way back home to ohio and there are no new cars anywhere. Its like every car dealer is a used car lot.

I have clients in the same boat.

There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Clients have ordered early June and cars have yet to arrive. Mostly it looks like HAs but some Sahara’s too.

I do believe Rubis are moving quicker.

2 Likes

Yeah i was disappointed since my rubicon shipped out 8-18 and wasn’t at Gupton on 9-4. I assumed it would be trucked there but im thinking its sitting in a rail yard somewhere.

The order that isn’t built was a HA like you said.

The only reason I did the deal was that I could get the one touch and still be just over 400 a month. Had a past Jeep and switching tops and opening closing panels and soft top was a pain.

Same with HA, ordered 6/4 still ‘scheduling parts and waiting to enter assembly’. I hope there will be some movement soon!

1 Like

Hey all. New to site but have been reading through all these great comments over the past few weeks. I’m in SoCal (Riverside county) and ended up ordering through clutch on 8/26. There was some talk above about people trying to get a group shipping discount from Clutch’s dealer to SoCal but I can’t seem to find it anymore. It’s going to be a while before my Sahara arrives to the dealer but let me know if you guys ended up finding some cheaper shipping options. I’d love to add my Jeep to the mix to potentially further the discount. Thanks.