HELP! Baby movers - Cadillac XT5 vs. Lexus RX 350 zero down 36/10 lease

Don’t forget the pictures of the new baby, too!

Omg i just had our daughter too on june 23 around 7 pm last night. But we already have the rx. I have the fully loaded 2016 rx msrp was 59xxx mo thly is $500 even no downpayment but that was last year in the end of january. Zero drive off. That will be a good an excellent baby mover. The doors are solid heavy too. I bought that one for my wife last year after we lost our baby girl on 2015 from a car accident. They were in her moms buick encore. Doors didnt hold up good. I would have gotten the gx or lx but my wife said it was too big. I just dont wnant to take anymore chances. If i could buy a tank i would.

Thanks everyone! I’m more than happy to share the deal details with you guys, but I want to give @socal59 a chance at replicating it first, since I promised him I’d let him know after I had secured my car and inventory is low. So @socal59 if you’re interested, shoot me a PM. As a teaser, drive off was $5,275 including $4,275 in MSDs, and $1,000 down. Monthly payment is $463 including tax :smile:

1 Like

I’d be interested in the details. For some reason I can’t send PMs yet. Thanks!

What were the details of this deal? Where?

Congrats @vdub84 :champagne:

Really sorry to hear that :hushed:

Def the best deal ive seen

I think he did the impossible.

Ok guys, @socal59 isn’t quite ready to buy, so he said to go ahead and release the details. But first and foremost, congratulations to @Cassieandnoah on the birth of their baby girl! But very sorry to hear about your previous loss… I don’t even want to imagine the pain that put you through.

And THANK YOU to everyone who helped me acquire this deal. Without this forum’s help, I probably would’ve ended up in a RAV4 for the same price lol.

A couple of lessons learned:

This took me HOURS of work to achieve. Calling a dealership and getting shot down/laughed at multiple times, even being insulted by an internet salesguy, and ridiculed by sales managers, so perseverance is key. If you call one dealership and get mocked for your crazy price, hang up and call back, hoping for a different person. If they go to their sales manager and THEY laugh at you, call back on a different day to get a different salesperson and manager.

I was VERY excited to go in and sign. The dealer already had the docs written up for me, ready to go before I arrived. This excitement and the pre-drawn docs led me to be not quite as careful as I should have been. I think I left a few bucks on the table, still. The numbers on the lease docs didn’t exactly match up with what we had discussed, but I saw that final out of pocket and monthly costs lined up with my needs, so I signed the dotted lines without scrutinizing carefully. Don’t make that mistake. Go in calmly and read your docs carefully to make sure you’ve maximized your credits. Originally, the number they gave me was $467, but I had them revise it, and that’s when they came back with $463.xx. By my calculations, my real number should have been $4 cheaper/month, so the original price was an extra $7 over. In either case, I had a target price in mind, and we hit that, so I’m not gonna stress over it. …too much. (hey, it’s about principle!)

Lastly, there is a maximum of $5,000 that can be put on a credit/debit card or any combination of the two. So bring cash or your checkbook for anything over that. Btw, check your CCs for current promotions. I had an offer for a 0% interest balance transfer on one of my CCs, so I purchased with a different card, earned 1% in points, the BT Transfer will cost 1% of the 5k, evening that out, and I have a year to pay it at 0% interest, so I can keep my 5k under my pillow :slight_smile:

Without further ado, here are the details, per the lease docs:

2017 RX 350 F Sport
Caviar on Black
MSRP: $61,374
Selling Price: $53,458.03
Acquisition: $795
Gross Cap: $54,253.03
Cap Cost Reduction: $1,104.62
Adjusted Cap: $53,148.41
Multiple Security Deposits: 9 @ $4,275 total
Incentives: $1,250 (500 lease cash, 750 loyalty)
Residual Value: $38,051.88
Depreciation: $15,096.53
Rent Charge: $262.80
Total of Base Monthly Payments: $15,359.33
Payments: 36 @ $426.65
Tax: $37.33
Total Monthly Payment: $463.98
Total drive off: $5,275.00

I got this deal at Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. The dealer’s name is Shaw Namini. They only have 1 RX F Sport left, but it’s $1k higher in MSRP. I’ve already told Shaw to expect some phone calls about the car, and to give you guys a deal similar to mine. Just tell him Vince referred you. He’s out on vacation for the next 2 days, however. Oddly, this was the same dealership that offered me the same car at $670 a month, so that just goes to show that one dealer’s response doesn’t mean anything and it’s purely luck of the draw, with there being so many salespeople.

I also had a decent quote from Alex at Thousand Oaks, though his flexibility on the car was more limited. $59k F Sport for $520 with 0 down, 9 MSDs, not including loyalty. It sounded like he would be able to do a bit better on that car. Maybe $510 or so. If you have loyalty, that would bring it to around $490 including tax, with only MSD drive off. He admitted that Keyes, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica are more likely to offer deals like this because of the fierce competition between them.

Santa Monica wouldn’t play ball because they didn’t want to sell one that far below invoice, and Beverly Hills was a mixed bag of nuts. Nothing worthwhile ended up coming from them, but I didn’t speak to Roubie, as recommended by @Jon. Longo was just the worst, although the manager was very polite about it. They do so much volume that they don’t need to discount anything there. The RXs move at full price at Longo. I did get a good internet price from SM, but they refused to apply MSDs for some reason, simply saying that it can’t be done.

That about sums it up. I’m absolutely loving the car. Don’t believe the Lexus website’s claimed 7.9s 0-60. It’s MUCH faster than that. I’d say high 6’s in sport mode, mid 6’s in manual, as reported by various internet reviews and discussions.

Best of luck to you guys! I hope this helps, as this forums has helped me save a ton.

Btw, major grievance with the “panoramic” moonroof. The stupid thing only opens like 10", so it’s totally useless. Otherwise, the car is amazing!

3 Likes

How did you come up with this number? Dis you suggest it ? This is about 13% off MSRP!!!

@sepidpooy all I did was tell him what my target monthly price was. Of course the first offer wasn’t it, but I kept working with him til we got to the right ballpark. I told him I wouldn’t buy until I got him to hate me. So be as charmingly annoying as possible :slight_smile:

Good job. I am impressed. Congrats on the baby girl. It must be the year for girls. Have 3 friends that just had girls.

@vdub84, congratulations on your baby girl. Great job and write up of your deal. Also, thanks for giving me the opportunity for the deal as well. Enjoy your new RX :+1::grinning:

Do you know how much is the invoice price for this vehicle?

No, sorry. But according to Santa Monica, this selling price is around 6K below invoice. Not sure if that makes any sense, though.

I just had a sales person at the local Lexus dealership literally yell at me because he said he was selling the car at invoice and doing us a favor, and didn’t understand why we were so ungrateful. That’s why we are flying to SoCal next week to pickup an RX 350 for $150/month less than we can lease it locally.

2 Likes

that isn’t true

1. I put all $8K of my one pay lease on a combination of my debit/credit card

2. If you would have agreed to pay $1-2K more than you negotiated, I’m sure they would have let you put it all on your credit card.

1 Like

These kinds of things vary between dealerships.

I agree, hence why I said what I said.

Lol. I dealt with my fair share of that as well. Did you already negotiate a deal? What were the terms?

Ah, didn’t know that. Well in my case they made me take my not-fully-mine-yet RX to a bank to grab $275. Ridiculous.