Hacked -- BMW 530e MSRP $60k || $470/mo

After a long drive back from Murrieta, I was able to bring this one home. It’s a new vehicle, so I put down a fat set of drive offs and CCR that will be offset by CA rebates. It’s effectively a $470 sign and drive. The MSRP was a bit over $60k and was well-optioned.

If you’ve been following my deals in past years, you’ll know this isn’t my proudest hack, but the difference is this vehicle was new and I had to opportunity to buy from none other than the legend @BMW_Dave himself. Note that this deal is non-replicable, so please keep your inquiries to Dave realistic. I’m paying for 2 months of therapy for him to manage the chronic migraines I caused.

For those interested in the 530e, I did pass on a different deal with a California dealership to take this one with Dave. So if anyone is interested, PM me and I’m happy to pass it on to you. However, by the time this post is 1 hour old, I’m sure it’ll be taken so please don’t PM me about it if you’re late to the game.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 BMW 530e]
MSRP: [$60k]
Selling Price: [$53k] - incl $1k Lunar OL code
Rebates: [$3k] - $2k Lease cash, $1k conquest
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [.00142]
Residual: [61%]

Multiple Security Deposits: [7]
Total Due At Signing: [$3500]
Monthly Payment [$470]

Region: [SoCal]
Sales Tax Rate: [10%] (sucks to be me)

Will post pictures here and in the trophy garage at a later date. Of course the car is smothered with bird poop and bug splatter, which is very obvious over white paint.

First impressions of the car for those interested:
BMW kills it with the tech in this thing. I don’t know if I’ll be able to ever give up iDrive for anything else. I’m loving the heads up display and wireless charging for wireless carplay. The voice command is flawless, my wife is obsessed with gesture controls, the infotainment system is intuitive and super responsive, and the navigation directions are excellent. It knew straight up that the traffic home was going to be miserable, and I appreciate that it didn’t lie to me. Although it didn’t pick up an on-ramp closure that had closed that day due to everyone in SoCal wanting to see poppies blooming.

Seats are definitely more comfortable than the Genesis. Zero cabin noise at slow speeds, and still quiet at high speeds. Fuel economy was solid on the way home, the speakers are excellent, and the car really doesn’t feel very heavy which is a pleasant surprise. I was really impressed with my Genesis when I picked it up in 2016, but am totally blown away by the 530e with its premium options.

20 Likes

congrats, its a very nice car! Do you have driving assistance package on it? The one with adaptive cruise control/Traffic Jam Assist? I’ve been trying to see if that thing works as advertised.

Yes, it has the DAP! The package system is a bit confusing – I think that specific option is part of the Driving Assistant “Plus” Package. I may be wrong, but I don’t think my car is optioned with it. Kind of stupid, but I didn’t really care for it so it wasn’t something I looked for in my search. Like you, I’d be curious how well it works, but I don’t think I’d use it (I don’t commute) and I wouldn’t feel very comfortable with it!

Congrats buddy!

PM’d. The drive down had been holding me back. If it’s somewhere closer, I’m interested!

You got it!

1 Like

thanks for the info, yea I’m very curious. I commute on the 405, so you can see why I want some deets on it. Tesla has a pretty good one, but I’m partial to BMW

Congrats on the new ride! Dave has been really responsive to my inquiries, I’m hoping to get a deal into him soon.

He sold me on passing up another deal and working with him with a ridiculous honesty and integrity pitch. Don’t believe a word he says. (But actually, do believe him cause he’s very right and really deserves the business)

Congrats! Glad you got a hold of a good deal :blush:

1 Like

$470 includes tax?

Nope, I live in a 10% tax area so I have the privilege of paying a little extra on top. The next time you see a filled pothole near your home, please think of me.

3 Likes

Fantastic deal- congrats.

When I deal with other infotainment systems I grow to appreciate iDrive more and more.

1 Like

Congrats, smoking deal!

Great deal!

Signed up to this joint to hopefully find a similar 530e deal in the latter part of this year.

Filled potholes? What are those…we up here in NorCal (San Jose) know not of the “filled” variety.

Just the taxes they take with the ‘intention’ to fill them.

i think lease support will end by end of this month on 2018

woop woop ! :sunglasses: congrats

I don’t think the sales tax goes directly to filling pot holes. The gas tax yes … in theory

was this on new one or loaner?

Vehicle was new.

Also, a note to all: out of respect to the dealership and salesperson, the deal I passed up will only be passed to someone who is serious about buying this week. If you fit the bill, let me know and I can help you secure it. However I won’t be passing dealership information along for those who aren’t serious about buying the vehicle.