Your Own Worst Lease

I know we have a “worst leases you’ve seen” thread. Let’s talk about your own worst lease. I’m sure a good chunk of us have gotten hosed in the past for whatever reason. I’ll go first…

2015 Subaru WRX. New gen just came out, wanted it bad. Was younger and obviously dumber. Long story short…30K MSRP. 3k DAS, $415 per month. I cringe thinking back about it. Car was still a blast to drive though

Mine was a 2002 C320 wagon. I recall the payment was $625/mo but I dont remember the terms (like that even matters with a payment that bad…in 2002). :face_vomiting:

I was a total pleb back then. Fortunately I have learned over the decades (as I would not pay that much now for the same equivalent car in 2024 dollars).

Not a lease. We just emigrate here. Mom wanted a new car. Bought 2002 rav4 at msrp with 15% interest financing from toyota dealer. Yep, they got us good. We paid it off in 6 months.

Damn…thats gotta be 1k+ in 2024 numbers :rofl:

Mine would have to be my 530e but it’s all relative

2007 audi q7 base….$686/m :man_facepalming:t4: After this lease, I made a point to learn the art of leasing

1 Like

Put negative equity from a used 135i I had bought on top of a VW GTI lease, that one stung quite a bit and I was glad to have it gone. After that it was safe to say I had learned my lesson.

I bought a Dodge Charger in 2006. I was so stupid the people I worked with told me I was an absolute fucking moron for buying it. Only the dumbest of the dumb would want that piece of shit.

I should have listened to them… we all worked for DaimlerChrysler.

5 Likes