Full Size 4WD Lease Prices? South FL here. Thoughts welcome!

Hey there. First time poster here. I need a full size 4WD SUV for work and can use my auto allowance to offset some of the payment. It needs to be able to handle rough construction sites but also be presentable when doing business entertaining. I have a BMW and a Wrangler now but I need to go down to one car. Can anyone give me rough payment price ranges for the following models? I know there are alot of different models listed but I don’t want to spend days and days going to dealerships only to figure out it won’t work. Assume 36 months, 12,000 miles, inceptions down. Location is South Florida.

BMW X5 xDrive (need adjustable suspension)
Chevy Tahoe (4WD, upmarket model)
Cadillac Escalade (4WD, can be base model)
Infiniti QX80 (4WD, can be base model)
Lincoln Navigator (4WD, can be base model)
Lexus GX460 (need Premium Plus package)
Mercedes GLS450 (base model)
Range Rover Sport (base model)

Also, if anyone has any idea on the lease price range for the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer, that will be helpful too. Thanks all…even if it is just one model, I really appreciate any feedback!

RK

That’s not how this place works. You can either post in the wanted ads thread, hire a broker via the marketplace, or do the research yourself. Nobody is going to do this for you, and even if they did it would likely be wrong as every region has different taxes, fees, incentives, etc. You don’t need to ‘spend days going to dealerships’ asking them what they want you to pay. All of the information to calculate a rough lease payment target is available between this forum and the Edmunds forum.

And obviously nobody knows what the lease price range is for a vehicle that isn’t even out yet.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

7 Likes

In terms of rough payment range, all of those models should be attainable in the $0 to $2,000 per month range.

11 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I’ve been leasing cars for 20 years (mainly BMW 3 and 5 series), so I know how the game works for those, however I was wondering if anyone had any experience or numbers to share on the models I listed since I don’t want to go through an hour at the dealership wasting their time and mine (for multiple models), however it looks like that is the way it will have to go. No easy way to skin this cat it appears.

Snarky. I like it.

You can find idea range on some of the ones you listed by searching the forums here from others that have posted similar deals/offers on ones they’ve seen. Least get you going in the right direction for ideas vs dealer interactions.

2 Likes

Stop playing “the game” and wasting everybody’s time then and be open to learning and doing due diligence on the front end. It’s actually extremely easy to type numbers into a calculator. Again, dealers are there to do your deal not to tell you ‘how much a vehicle costs to lease’. I’m curious what you’ve been paying for your BMW’s…last time I saw the 20 years of leasing experience line, it was from old friend NJRonbo.

We have a marketplace and shared deals sections to look at what others are offering/paying.

4 Likes

Why on earth would spend a single moment inside a dealer here? The whole detailed step by step you were given was how to determine pricing without involving a dealer. The only way I can see that you could come to the conclusion that you needed to go dealer to dealer after that post is if you didn’t actually read it and quickly dismissed it because it wasn’t the answer you were hoping to get.

We are happy to share the tools with you to be successful, but the work is yours to do.

3 Likes

I don’t think you actually read what he wrote.

4 Likes

Hey there. What I was hoping to find would be someone that said “Hey, I’ve leased a Range Rover Sport with similar terms for $900 per month”. I realize that I was WAY OFF THE MARK with that request now.

We have a whole shared deals forum where people post their deals for you to look through for pricing references.

But that’s my point. The answer you got was not the answer you wanted, so rather than read it and absorb it, you jumped to “guess I have to go waste dozens of hours at dealerships”.

1 Like

There is a search bar.

1 Like

Got it. Like I told another poster, I was hoping that someone would read my post and say “Hey, I’ve leased an Escalade with 4WD for $1,200 per month with similar terms” or something like that. I realize now that I was way off the mark with that request and expectation and I will probably end up taking this post down since all I’m getting is critiqued and blasted. I can definitely handle it but wow, this Tuesday morning with a simple car question has turned into an interesting one. Also, car shopping is not fun for me and my goal was to basically try and get some anecdotal numbers from some folks to say “Okay, my range of $1,200 per month is in line with these cars but not with those cars…” so I could limit how many dealerships I actually have to visit to get quotes and deals and then bring them back to compare them. Again, expectations and reality don’t always match up, case in point with my post.

As far as my BMW lease history goes, see below.

2002 BMW 325i - $399 per month
2006 BMW 325i - $399 per month
2009 BMW 335i convertible - $625 per month
2013 BMW 528i - $550 per month
2015 BMW 535i - $699 per month
2018 BMW 330e - $530 per month

Also, a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S for $299 per month.

I appreciate the feedback and again, I realize now that I was asking for something that probably wasn’t able to be delivered and/or I should have been much clearer in the type of response that I was seeking.

Thanks to all for the feedback and tips. Much appreciated.

GX will probably be the cheapest. Look at the marketplace section

2 Likes

It really would help you to read the responses you were given.

2 Likes

Nobody is criticizing or blasting you. We are trying to teach you how to actually get a lease deal.

Car shopping isn’t fun for anybody, which is why we recommend to do the steps that I previously posted to make it as painless as possible.

Take a look at why we are saying the things that we are saying;

So do you want to learn, or do you want someone to feed you BS and what you want to hear - whether it be us or a sales guy?

6 Likes

This is a surprise. These were going for $350ish or less, depending on what state you were in.

As others have noted, do your due diligence. The search bar will show plenty of deals signed so you can get a rough approximation.

Hey there. I’ve been on this platform for less than 24 hours. I’m not well versed in all of the forums. Here was how I interpreted the first answer I got:

You’re not posting in the right forum. Go get the numbers and specifics from the dealers, then plug them into the calculator, then post them here and we’ll tell you what we think.

My goal with this request was to get anecdotal feedback on what people saw or paid for those types of cars. As we all know, spoken word and written word are two very different things and can be interpreted in many different ways. I appreciate the advice and realize that I posted in the wrong forum now. It is all good. I’ll take my question and searching over to another forum to widdle down my list of cars and then go from there. I’m sure everyone will be hearing from me soon with deal term specifics.

Are we good now or should we keep going, because I’m sitting on calls all morning. Let me know.

All I wanted was anecdotal responses or someone to say “Hey I’ve seen such and such a car over here for such and such a price…”. I don’t like car shopping, I have auto allowances that have covered four of those leases so I really don’t pay anything out of pocket so I when my lease is up, I go to BMW, pick my car out, sign papers and drive off the lot. The whole thing takes less than an hour and if I don’t use the allowance, I lose the remainder so I’m not concerned about the price. I want to trade up, which means payments higher than my allowance and for the first time in my life, an out of pocket car payment. Call me whatever you want, but I don’t have the info and was hoping to just get an idea of what I could afford. There was NO INTENTION OF HAVING ANYONE DO ANY WORK FOR ME! I don’t think I can say it enough…I just wanted someone to tell me what they’ve paid or seen. I realize that I was wrong. Apologies all around for wasting everyone’s time.

I really suggest you go back and read it over and try to absorb it. There is nothing in there about going to the dealer and getting quotes. The whole discussion is on how to avoid that and how to set yourself up for a successful dealer interaction eventually.

1 Like