EQB & EQE data points

Been following the EQS hype but haven’t seen many data points on the EQB or EQE. The EQB especially seems underwhelming and not selling well. Has anyone seen MB discounting either of these?

5 Likes

Was thinking the same thing - it looks like the residual is lower.

I’m also wondering if insurance is cheaper on these than the $100k+ EQs.

I got a quoted from Geico and the EQB raised my insurance 150 for 6 months over mg GLB

1 Like

This may be a wait and see as the EQB and EQE does not have surplus of inventory like EQS. The #s for the EQE looks promising if dealers can’t move them and you can get 15%+ off MSRP before incentives.

But the EQE does not have free 2 year EA charging or free maintenance.

2 Likes

What kind of maintenance does an electric vehicle really need within 30k miles? It’s not like there’s spark plugs or an oil change to be done.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.mbrochester.com/service/service-and-parts-tips/electric-car-maintenance/

Before we dive into the ins and outs of the electric vehicle maintenance schedule, what is the electric car maintenance cost? Troy EV drivers can expect their service bill to be around $400-$600 each year–which is less than what you’d pay when maintaining a gas-powered automobile. Here are some key services that you should expect in your electric vehicle maintenance schedule:

Brakes: EVs utilize regenerative braking, which involved the resistance of the electric motor to slow the vehicle down. Because electric vehicles use friction brakes, brake fluid, brake pads, rotors, and other components will age and wear over time. It’s recommended that schedule a brake inspection every 7,500 miles.
Powertrain: The direct-drive or multi-speed transmission of your EV will require a fluid change. You should consult your owner’s manual for the recommended electric vehicle maintenance schedule for the powertrain.

Coolant: Coolant is a critical component in your EV because it removes the heat from vital parts like the charger, inverter, and the battery pack. Coolant flushes and refrigerant recharges help keep your cooling system running smoothly.

Tires: It’s recommended that drivers in Rochester schedule a tire rotation every 5,000-10,000 miles.

The first service required at 10k is a tire rotation. The second is fluids at 20k. The 30k service is another tire rotation. Sounds like MB Rochester has the world’s most expensive tire rotation.

2 Likes

Got quoted 1100/month in a 2022 EQB loaner with no flexbility from the dealer. So discounts may be poor here

3 Likes

I got a brand new EQB offer for $833 if interested, pm.

2 Likes

There’s no way a tire rotation is required by the OEM

1 Like

EQE does include 2 years free EA charging.

1 Like

EQB isn’t all that inspiring but at the end of the day it’s in the right form factor and it appeases the sensibilities of folks who hate Elon: I think BMW is missing a major bread and butter type SAV in the BEV space.

EQE might be interesting if they start developing a glut of inventory. Checked one out today and didn’t hate it — I’d still take an i4 over it but for the right deal I could be swayed.

4 Likes

Tell us more…

The right deal on one of these would be…sub $500?

It’d have to be cheaper than employee deal on i4 is all I can say. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I was kind of curious about the EQB, too, amidst the EQS hysteria. If I could get a deal anywhere near as good as that on a much lower MSRP EV like the EQB, I’d jump on it. I reached out to a few dealers in IL about loaners, and didn’t get anywhere.

One dealer simply refused to offer any discount from MSRP, despite it being a loaner, which baffled me. I asked him, why would anyone buy a loaner then? He sidestepped that of course. I mentioned the possibility of getting a really good deal on the EQS, and he seemed a bit interested, but couldn’t seem to yet offer the kinds of 15-20% off MSRP deals we’re seeing here.

Another dealer with an EQB loaner only discounted it about $2600 from MSRP, and I had to politely battle to get them to acknowledge any other incentives or rebates beyond the EV credit, and eventually only got them to combine the $7500 + $500 Welcome to EV credit. Conversations ongoing, but I doubt I get much further until they get different marching orders.

My impression of the EQB sales is that they, too, have been somewhat underwhelming, but they had production issues months ago that seems to have really suppressed the supply on the market, leaving the market closer to equilibrium. Could be wrong though, any MB brokers, or anyone with MMR data, feel free to chime in.

Maybe we can get a deal in the months ahead?

Think we spoke to the same dealer on the loaner. 2022 with manual seats. They wanted $1,100 a month for it.

There is not enough surplus inventory for the EQB & EQE to be discounted at 15% off MSRP. Maybe wait till 2nd/3rd quarter and see?

I have bee able to get to 15% on the EQE with one dealer. Unfortunately I wanted 16% to make the deal.

I have zero data on the EQB, but I was able to get something just under 15% on a 2023 EQE350 that was new, non-loaner. I passed…but was intrigued for 2nd/3rd/4th quarter as you mentioned…

1 Like