Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Good let the $299 leases commence.

1 Like

Are you kidding? That’s just the insurance premium.

1 Like

Yeah, some insurers are definitely not Tesla friendly. I actually had to switch companies last month when we got it because of this. Progressive did not have a “Tesla surcharge” like many others did🤪

1 Like

Close to my HC rate. Geico I know isnt tesla friendly.

2 Likes

Thanks for kicking me off the fence
A P would probably be $150 a month :clown_face:

My Tesla insurance premium is about to get jacked up over 200% after seeing their renewal quote. Sad thing is Tesla is still the cheapest option out there (GEICO, State Farm, Allstate, Amica, USAA, etc…all still significantly higher than Tesla’s quote). So now I’m just trying to find a company that is close enough to Tesla’s because I’ve heard more and more horror stories about people trying to file claims with Tesla. If I have to pay a little more (and ditch the big brother monitoring) to switch to another company, I’ll do it in a heart beat, but I ain’t paying 25% more.

Progressive was the same for a Tesla M3 as a BMW M235…but driving monitoring was in place for both (via the app).

For whatever reason a 3 is way less to insure than a Y. If you want a real shock price out an X.

Really. I would’ve never guessed to have high premiums on a Tesla. I’m going to have to run a quote for S&G’s.

Over 100$ a month :weary:

2 Likes

Can we start a new thread on Tesla insurance hacks?

I’m paying $1,300/6mo with Tesla Insurance for my '22 MYRL. Recently bought a '23 RAV4. Called Tesla Insurance and the agent said my RAV4 is too new and they don’t have my RAV4 VIN in their database yet (HOW??) so they can’t insure it. Plus, Tesla insurance only provides grace period for newly-purchased Tesla vehicles, so I ended up buying a separate insurance for my RAV4 with Progressive.

Today, I tried to add my move my MYLR to Progressive. Got the quote of $1,811/6mo… :weary:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.25.49 AM

And the problem is???

LOL

FL insurance here…quotes ranged from $7k to $24k a year for 4 cars and 3 drivers🤯

3 Likes

Are these Insurance companies getting Regulated.
The way they increasing premiums on Auto and Home insurance is absurd. Soon it will cost more to insured a car then to pay monthly for car itself.
EV or ICE rates are double in last 6 to 9 months.
I recall old days when people normally buy liability only. Those times cars are not financed or leased.
People own the cars.

1 Like

Not terrible, but is still more than I would anticipate. The :cat: is going to be around $200/mo and that is with higher deductibles. :angry:

1 Like

More than the :cat:

1 Like

Most of my vehicles typically range from $50-$100 for full coverage.

Again, other than the Hellcat. Those have been around long enough to realize the hundreds of accidents, and in recent years the astronomical number of thefts. :sob: The TRX is shockingly low for insure… I’m sure it is because it is a (relatively) brand new trim.

This is with 1k deductible
Hellcat was $120 a month

Are you 18 or what with 200 a month :joy:

My HC is over 200 too with 1k deductible. It must be the region.

3 Likes

:joy: we all know age is just one of the many aspects of insurance. But no, not 18…some days I wish. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I figured it would be the same everywhere

i StIlL WoUldNt LivE iN cALI @zaimer

On my lunch break

3 Likes