Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

It’s the 20in wheels. I have seen quite a few vids where the LR with added performance boost hung with the P even took it over at 1/2 mile. But when you put 18’s on a P the 1/4 mile is a school bus and the 1/2 mile is few buses. So a standard LR without boost May catch the M3P at half mile as well but with how fast these cars are…I prefer quick hits versus half mile highway pulls lol. So does my wallet and insurance.

If I knew this drop off was coming I would have held out for a used P3D. Or maybe even a broken in S.

I am with you on the ability to quickly get out of its way versus top in power. I just can’t see how larger wheels can make such a dramatic difference… I hate to think Elon is lying, but I think some power numbers might be fudged :slight_smile: or, at least the power curves may be fudged…the 457 hp reported peak happens at lower speeds and cant be maintained.

Back in the day when I used to mess with cars, I probably made a few hundred dyno runs and a bunch of them were where I was comparing the effect of wheels and tires on the measured power to the ground. Sometimes it the differences were significant and easily and repeatably measurable, but nothing as dramatic as that roll on race would indicate. Even the lowly RWD isnt getting spanked from a roll by the other cars like it should.

1 Like

this is stated like someone trying to justify their decision to get an RWD!

Be wary of two types of Model Y that is available now. One has the new battery pack that has the shorter range and lower performance:

5 Likes

Moving insurance discussion to new topic.
15 posts were split to a new topic: Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Totally understand but one video with a few YouTubers isn’t justification. I have personally dragged both and driven both and the M3P is a different animal. M3LR with boost is nice but the performance changes and track mode make it worthwhile.

Can you pick which battery you want with an order?

Nope, at least not yet:

1 Like

Yes, sample size of one isn’t the rule (even if it is from a very solid source). I think we need to have some more LHers line them up :slight_smile:

So I just saw that the California CRVP rebate is increasing to $7500 Feb. 28th for those that are low income. This in addition to the federal $7500 makes the RWD model 3 an amazing deal for those who qualify: $28,990. I believe you can take delivery before they increase the CVRP rebate; as long as you submit the application after the rebate increases you should get the increased amount. Have placed an order.

4 Likes

I have personally lined them up. But for fun check this website.

https://motormatchup.com/simulation?id=&ids=6237b6b3a0103549ab67f675%2C606b383405cd693ba59c2661&distance=1&starting_speed=0&surface=DRY

That is a major hit to legacy automakers and EV startups. So much for market penetration.

MachE Extended Range AWD is now $20k more than Mode Y LR…wow.

3 Likes

Question: the recent (and significant!) price drops + the $7500 Fed Tax Credit should really conspire to create some epic Tesla lease deals at this moment, no? At least in states like CA with additional state tax credits on top of the aforementioned?

1 Like

My fellow Americans! You should’ve watched China carefully lol

3 Likes

Weren’t the protests proven to have been led by someone associated with BYD?

I’m talking about price cuts.

That’s awesome. Wish I had 7 more kids to qualify.

You got no business buying a Tesla if you make $54k.

3 Likes

There are plenty of retired multi millionaire Floridians who would probably have an income below the threshold.

8 Likes