Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Damn your job gives you lunch breaks? Must be a Cali Privilege.

2 Likes

Nah, garaging address can even have serious price variances within the same state.

Looks pretty gray! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Iā€™ll be in Maui in a few weeks, so Iā€™ll live vicariously through your photo until then. :cold_face::snowflake:

2 Likes

Should of been more clear

On my paid lunch break *****

You guys can afford food after the Tesla sale?

Only if you factor in 6 year gas savings.

3 Likes

Money Police GIF by waikikipd

1 Like

Iā€™m curious if there are insurers that wonā€™t insure a Tesla at all.

I had Esurance on an older vehicle for about a year, and I switched that car back to the insurer where we have the rest of our policies when I started looking for another carā€¦

Esurance didnā€™t offer coverage on most of the replacement vehicles I was considering at the time, including the M550 I ended up buying.

Prior to that it never even occurred to me that you canā€™t get coverage just anywhere on a 5 Series. :roll_eyes:

Side question: has anyone attempted a quote from Progressive or The General on a Flying Spur?

Insurance is one of the most regulated industries and something politicians love to hate

I might add that itā€™s a tool for finding true market equilibrium , because if someone believes that risk is profitable they will most definitely get into the market and offer it for cheaper

It is going away soon, but if anyone has an inasurance broker see if they can offer State Auto. They are pretty competitave on Tesla Insurance. Safeco bought them out (still one of the better Tesla Insurers) so all of the policies will be moved over to Safeco soon. The rates will be intregrated into Safecoā€™s regular rates over 4 years. Many markets can no longer offer State auto insurance, but some can.

1 Like

My Nationwide insurance guy said my rates will go down 14 cents a month. Guess my Mazda was treated like Joe Manchinā€™s Maserati by the actuaries.

They are on your side

1 Like

Interested to hear who has the best rate for a flying spur. What model year and trim you looking at?

My 19 year old brotherā€™s lowest quote was $505/mo for his hellcat. Thanks michigan :sweat_smile::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Geico has jumped some in NYC. But all EVs on my policy were always $$$. Currently the Etron went from $1040 to $1250. The BMW i3ā€™s I had were always at $1000 premium mainly because that entire rear hatch was glass lol But for Teslas the cheapest used was 2016 MS70 had a quote of $815. Everything else now for y/3 is in the Etron/Hellcat territory. Hellcat stands at $1450 for 6 months with $1000 ded.

Not Tesla related but EV insurance. I have added a few Mach Es to my policy in NJ, the first one earlier in 22, my insurance actually went down, the 2nd just added a few weeks ago, went up almost 100$ for 6 months. Could be the 1st was a Select and the 2nd was a GT? Idk

I have a gle 2017 , odyssey 2022 and , odyssey 2003
Market value $21,000 ; $32,000 ; $0
Iā€™m still paying like $1,000 every 6 months for all 3 with 3 drivers
So for price ratio for $200 or $250 a month for model y quoted it ainā€™t bad when it comes down to covering price of the car I guess

Ran a quote with Geico for a MY= $1,795 6mos w/$1500 ded. in NYC. Currently have 4 cars on policy and home ins. bundle. Along with defensive course and clean record.

1 Like

That is for the MY alone??? :exploding_head: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using Jerry to insurance hop this last year. Progressive wanted like $400/ month for my HC $1k dedeuct.

Switched to all state got it down to $150.