Deal check help- 2022 Jeep GC 4xe Base MSRP 66,445

TDM stands for Targeted Direct Mailer. In the stone age manufacturers used to use a strange delivery system called the post office to mail targeted coupons to potential customers. Rumor has it that some manufacturers still practice this archaic technique. For the most part, these types of things are acquired by browsing the manufacturer’s website and signing up for them when you get a pop-up window asking for your contact information. Try browsing the Jeep website and see if you can get a pop-up like that to appear. As for the rest of your search, my personal experience has been that dealing directly with sales or general managers has been the most fruitful tactic. Some people may disagree with me but my premise is that no rank and file salesperson WANTS to do a lot of work to get a “flat” or “mini” commission. They won’t complain if it’s dropped in their lap but it’s always been more difficult for me to get a deal worth taking that didn’t come from direct negotiations with someone in management. The managers know whether they need to blow something out to hit sales targets, or at least they should know this. The managers are more likely to drop the kayfabe wrestling personas and work with someone who is approaching them in a manner that’s well constructed and concise. A salesperson’s job is to squeeze as much as they can out of a deal, even it it ultimately gets hacked to shreds by a finance manager looking to get paid. It can be a lot of work and for some of them the juice you are looking for might not be worth the proverbial squeeze. Just my two cents.

Easily 6-7%. I emailed a handful of dealers yesterday and had 2 already offer a discount in that range.

Not nearly enough to pique my interest (anything below like 12% isn’t worth it to me for the 4xe base), but there’s absolutely zero point in paying to ship from FL when you can easily accomplish the same, if not better, in CA.

Nah the Brokers I talked to are only doing like 5.5% or so with marked up MF

Good luck, I called some out of state dealers but the one that did out of state sales said CA was one of two states they don’t sell to (I’m guessing hawaii is the other?). Something about it could be refused by the DMV and they’re on the hook for shipping it back if smog doesn’t pass.

What’s your incentive breakdown? Dealers locally are only coming up with $10.5k - $7500 EV, $2k bonus, and $1K TDM

5% and marked up money factor on '23s. Probably no '22s. Oh, and a week back and forth emails just to get that info.

Overland and Altitude are closer to $900+ on a $75k trim sign and drive even with close to $20k in incentives and discounts. It’s rediculous.

Ill happily pay FL dealer fees to not have to pay all the other costs of living in CA.

1 Like

I have a feeling the average CDJR customer is not very well informed and happy just to be able to get financed

They’re not even trying to be sneaky or gain from it because incentives are paid by Chrysler and cost them nothing, it’s that Chrysler capital programs are really THAT complex, and they’re generally not super competent.

My local in town dealer wrote me a deal with 12.5k in incentives. Then a tennesse dealer said i had 11.5k incentives. Then the florida dealer said i only have 10.5k in incentives. Why in the world can’t these dealers have a uniform incentive look up. The Mods at edmunds tell me there is 11.5k incentive and Jeep.com says 12.5k incentives. Friggin confusing!

The salesmen you are initially negotiating with don’t know/care what incentives you qualify for. That’s why you need to focus on the pre-incentive price with the salesmen and work toward your target. Then when you start working with the finance guys have them confirm which incentives are included and if something is missing then tell them to add it on. Most won’t even know about the $1000 TDM until you tell them, but won’t mind adding it on.

1 Like

Is 12% achievable on a 2023? I havent seen anyone close to that! I get that is what its going to take for you.

1 Like

They may not know or care about the incentives for sure. It also may vary depending who they’re running for you as there may be an Ally or US Bank incentive that CCAP does. Need to make sure it’s Chrysler Capital they’re quoting… and also they they include your $1000 website code.

Around here I doubt much more than 5% is achievable on ‘23s. Having better MF and residuals than the 2022 helps out by maybe an additional 3% though

Chrysler incentives are like a choose your own adventure story on ratehackr. There’s literally like 20 options just for one trim on one vehicle in one zip code. Dealers in different areas are probably factoring in incentives they’re familiar with from their area, but your local incentives are the ones that will apply

It’s wild when jeeps own website and ratehackr don’t even line up though

Most of the e-shop sites will give you accurate CCAP incentives on zip code (just have to put in garbage email and phone number)

If you click on payment options next to a model enter garbage info but your zip that’s generally an accurate outline of incentives. New Vehicles for Sale in Clarksville, MD | Ourisman CDJR

RateHackr usually aligns but you have SFS in there which is a no go if you want flexibility to get out of it.

What are the stipulaitons with SFS v CCAP?

2 Likes

Sell to a Jeep dealer and the dealer pays 1 or 2k buyout fee. Non CDJR it’s market adjusted

And 4xes can’t be bought out at all. So… not good.

3 Likes

I thought it does allow dealer buyout but with additional $1000 for SFS affiliated dealers and $2000 for non affiliated. Don’t know the exact terminology but read it on one of recent threads.

Its too new to know if there are other gotchas though.

Edit: I see that the link to that thread is posted here now. Thank you for clarifying @harrydogyo and @cb3

1 Like