Deal check help- 2022 Jeep GC 4xe Base MSRP 66,445

Make the dealer an offer and if they won’t do it, move on to the next dealer

1 Like

Local to me I have gotten overland discounts that would put it close range of base deals so worth it ymmv

A TDM code would help.

I’m running out of dealers who have 2022 models. The fault is that idk how to properly talk with the dealers. Any tips on tactics and strategy?

What is a TDM code?

It’s time for you to learn. You have come to the right place. No one is here to spoon feed you :spoon:

Why are you focusing just on 22 models? There are 23 models that aren’t that much farther off in payments.

When I was looking, there weren’t many 22s that was in the specs I wanted (Base with Lux Tech II), and I’m also in SoCal.

If you are finding dealers who do have 22s, if they haven’t discounted them and they’ve been on the lot for a while, you should just ask them about that.

But you also have to have your numbers ready.

Most of the dealer I dealt with will tell you their non-discounted numbers or pumped up MF leases… you just have to say this is where it should be and let them respond.

I did most of my talking via text/email and I would get a “We can’t do it” or “I have to talk to my manager”. If they use the 2nd and don’t get back to you… contact their manager with the numbers.

Good luck.

1 Like

I know hence, I’m asking suggestions from more experienced hackrs!

I had never leased a car before and hadn’t owned a car in over a decade until recently. Here are a few things I did that helped me eventually get a deal I was happy with for a base 4xe in FL.

-Became a Leasehackr super supporter so that I had access to Ratefindr and could look up the RV, MF, and available incentives for my zip code
-Searched for posts containing “GC 4xe” arranged results from latest to oldest and read every comment on every thread for the past couple months to see what discounts and effective payments other were able to achieve
-Contacted all brokers offering deals on the GC 4xe to see what they were able to do and what the timeframe would be to receive the vehicle
-Used Cargurus to search for all in stock units in my desired search radius, then arranged by length of time on dealership lots
-Made a spreadsheet listing out each dealer, VIN, MSRP, target discount and subsequent payment based on the calculator
-Contacted every dealer on my list asking for a 10% pre-incentive dealer discount
-Got a ton of no’s, bait and switches, and absurdly high offers
-Got frustrated and discouraged
-Finally found a dealer who kept reducing their price every time I rejected their offer

That whole process was way more time consuming than I expected it to be but ultimately paid off. If I wasn’t in a time crunch to get a car I would have just used a broker.

7 Likes

This is not learning. This is asking to be spoon fed. Spend more than a total of 1 hour on this forum and you will find what you are looking for.

If you are not willing to put in the work than contact a broker.

I was focusing on the 22 models b/c I’m also looking for JGC 4xe base w/ Lux tech package and the dealers have more discount on it than the 23s.
Of course, I’d rather get a newer model but I am looking for a specific monthly with a lower MSRP.

I was calling them before but I like your approach better to just text/ email them. By numbers if you mean how much I’m looking to pay and the term, yes I share that with them.

The dealer is Costa Mesa was like ‘Oh no way I can get you something around ~$500s for that car’ straight up. Like no persuasion or willingness to lower his side at all!

It’s like they don’t want to make a deal with me.

That’s a lot of assuming from just a statement I made. Thanks but I have no need for your inputs.

Check his IP!!! MODSSSSSSS

1 Like

In CA you have more incentives and better RV and MF for the 2023 than the 2022, so you could get the same price on a 2023 with less of a discount.

I had the option of registering mine in either FL or NY so I was looking for either year. If I found a 2023 it made more sense to register in NY but the 2022 made more sense to register in FL.

1 Like

I appreciate your inputs! yes, I was only targeting 22’s b/c of lower MSRP but you’re right, 23’s might have better numbers and incentives. I heard many different opinions on MF and RV - some say it is set by the bank and others say it can be manipulated. What is the truth?

Have you tried using the Ratefindr calculator? That would help you evaluate between a 2022 or 2023 at a given selling price.

RV is a fixed value that can’t be changed. MF can be marked up.

What is the biggest discount anyone seen on a base 2023 in California? I got a SoCal dealer that is offering 5.5% off msrp.

:point_up: Not assuming. Just going by your post.

You are here to get spoon fed :spoon:

Does it justify moving to Florida :thinking:

1 Like

You might bag a deal with Envision in West Covina. Check them out. They have a huge discount on a car that has been on the lot for over 200 days.

Fair warning though, the GM is devious and cunning. W/e he say get in on paper.