Currently you can't transfer Mercedes leases

Please let me know if I’m wrong but accord the the Mercedes Benz Credit website, due to Covid-19, no lease transfers are being accepted.

https://www.mbfs.com/contact-us/faqs Scoll down to transfers

Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are unable to accept vehicle transfer requests until further notice. Vehicle transfers already in progress will be completed and both parties will receive a confirmation package from Mercedes-Benz Financial Services when the transfer is complete.

I see all these MB advertised for lease transfer here. Am I missing something?

You are correct. I have seen some posts that acknowledge that and are just lining things up for when they do.

Thanks. I have a MB on this site and just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

NV motor vehicle opens 6-15 so hopefully things will start to open elsewhere too.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I just got off the phone with MB Financial and here’s their answer to “when will lease transfers be processed again?”. “Lease transfers are suspended indefinitely. We initially had to stop because of the DMV but now we have re-assigned the whole team and there is no more lease transfer team. We do not know IF or when lease transfers will be processed again. Not anytime soon, we don’t have a lease transfer team anymore.”

I hope this helps other too. I was anxiously waiting for them to do transfers again and had a deal lined up…

6 Likes

Wow they really did us like that. Know someone with a deal lined up as well. MBFS needs to get their sh*t together

1 Like

Finally decided to try something else other than BMW and then they do this… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You know I had two cars we were trying to get rid of back in March - my BMW M3 & an MB.

BMW promptly resumed lease transfers in mid april- car was gone 1st week of May. The MB is still parked in the damn driveway, 3 people lined to take it it over but MBFS is messing with us. Extremely ticked with MBFS… end rant lol

1 Like

When you lease the car knowing that you can transfer it (if you move, end up not using the car much, etc), but they take that away…seems sort of almost not legal. I’d expect they’d at least grandfather people in who leased before a certain date.

I leased an E-Class coupe in January, expecting to transfer the lease in 6-8 months when the car I wanted long-term came into focus, and then to be shafted like this is pretty surprising.

Any accommodation that isn’t written into the contract, codified into law, or written into regulation is a courtesy.

My INFINITI dealer isn’t putting out warm cookies in the waiting room any more. Do I have a case? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty sure there are specifics around leases not fully laid out in the contract itself (e.g. lease-end process).

What does it say about transfers?

It says the same thing about transfers as it does about the lease-end process.

Can you imagine if we leased a car, knowing that I can return it at any local dealer, and they suddenly required us to return it to a central depot 2,000 miles away from where we live? What do you think would happen?

Not every aspect of a lease is fully codified in the contract itself.

I pulled my lease agreement out the file. Here’s what it says about returns:

“If I do not purchase the Vehicle, I agree to return it to the place you specify…”

I don’t see transfers mentioned.

(This is a BMWFS lease)

Later:

1 Like

TBH, idk why you go into a lease with the expectation you want to transfer it before term anyways. It’s the captive’s car, and the captive’s rules/choice. Finance it if you want the control of something that is “yours.”

Unless it’s specifically written into the contract you’re guaranteed the luxury of being allowed to transfer it with no “out” clause by the captive in the future, that’s the way the cookie crumbles as they say.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this was always going to be one of the freebies on the chopping block when times got tough.

The costs to MBFS are easy to quantify while the benefits are not.

Fair enough. I was looking to hack a 2019 E-class with the full intention of not keeping it another year. I put that decision on hold thanks for this from Mercedes. No point in taking an expensive risk

Since Mercedes isn’t allowing transfers, I started checking to see the ‘payoff’ amount on MBFS and noticed the price hardly changes for the past 4 months.

When I started looking for estimates this is what I saw.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

I’ve been waiting 2 months on MB Financial to lift the “no transfer” situation…I even extended my BMW Financial Services lease 1 month. This is a major bummer because I’m wanted an 18’ E400 coupe to hold me over until the 21’ BMW 4 series conv comes out next spring.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

There’s no point waiting when something is gone forever.