Currently you can't transfer Mercedes leases

OK. New Rumor. Mercedes is planning to restart lease transfer beginning July 25th

1 Like

Where did this rumor come from?

The rumour mill?

6 Likes

Been trying to deal with MBFS for the past few weeks on this and they are useless.

As noted they initially stopped due to DMV access restriction but now you get a different story every time about why they cannot do transfers. Almost every other company has got things running again after some adaption but Mercedes can’t?
My suggestion is that they are locking in profits/minimizing risk on existing leases and pushing as many people as possible to new leases.

I have a long list of people ready to take over my lease but instead will need to turn it in and pay the past year of payments without getting to use the car.

Anyone want to help put 20k miles on it in 3 weeks before I turn it in so at least the paid for miles get used?

I for one will never buy or lease a Mercedes again after them doing this.

1 Like

Challenge accepted

After them doing what ?? Does the lease contract say that you will be allowed to transfer out of your lease anytime

Many captives don’t allow transfer at all

You do have the option to buy it and do private sale

From changing their prior practices. MB isn’t under obligation to allow transfers and OP isn’t obligated to like MBFS any more.

Many aspects of businesses treating their customers right are not spelled out in contracts, but are part of reputation. A business can lose that reputation by changing what they do.

3 Likes

Same. I have a long road trip coming up, love to take u on that offer /s

I was looking to pick up a 2019 Merc last week of Jun due to the extra incentives being thrown to move 2019 (helped someone pick out a A220). However, the ONLY reason I stopped last min was due to transfers. I get bored with cars very easily and unlikely to keep anything longer than 12 months, so if MBFS wasn’t gonna open transfers, I didn’t plan on getting stuck with one for 36 months.

3 Likes

Transfers are a rounding error in new car volumes.

That’s not the reason they stopped it.

Getting a new Bronco as soon as transfer is resumed…NOT

I’m in the same situation as not being able to transfer out the lease, though there’re a couple of serious buyers who’re highly interested in the car. I’m definitely looking for ways to compensate the loss. Anyone who has any recommendations? At the moment I’m thinking about following solutions:

1.Sign up Turo (basically Airbnb for cars)
2. Have Carvana to buy out the car, though there will be substantial financial loss as the Mercedes buyout quote is much higher than the market rate.
3. Have the car subleased to a total stranger, though there will be substantial financial and legal risks.
4. Keep waiting for Mercedes to restart the lease transfer, though at this point there’s no timeline.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Feel free to email me at ranranli0418@gmail.com if you unfortunately are in the same boat. After Mercedes doing this out of nowhere, at the expense of taking social responsibilities for the benefits of protecting vulnerable consumers, I would def give it a second thought whether I would ever do business with Mercedes again.

@perdana tell the boys to meet real soon, bring the drone. Still won’t compare to that R8 :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m in the same spot… cars just sitting in the garage collecting dust. I keep checking caravan every few months but the buy out rate is way higher than what Ive even started at before I started making payments. I don’t really get it. My hope is that they start it soon

Go to a racetrack & run your own version of the LeMans 24hr…you have more than enough miles :joy:

Mercedes really showed their colors in how they handled this! I have approx 30 people ask me for a transfer . Now I have to consider early lease buyout and selling for a sizeable loss.

1 Like

Care to elaborate? July 25th is a Saturday, a curious day to resume lease transfers.

I agree. I called Mercedes several times, and they won’t do anything about transferring. They could care less about their customers, frankly. I just got vague answers. I finally went and sold the car to a dealer and ate the couple thousand dollar loss.

Are you seriously putting stock in an internet comment that starts “Rumor is…”?

Did you get Carvana appraisal?