Costco for Volvo May 2nd - July 31st 2023

Lets be more blunt,

You are implying you walked into a Volvo Dealership, sold them your lease, got a check and walked out.

That cannot happen due to current volvo rules, you must walk/drive out with another Volvo.

1 Like

New here so pardon the ignorance. Looking to buy a new XC60 next week and trying to arm myself with as much information as possible.

The costco incentive is stackable with dealer and military i assume.

Does A-plan stack with those?

So it would be these based on Alabama and Tennessee dealers sites.

Costco $1000
Military $500
Dealer $1000
A-plan $500

Also i saw on here A-plan is a hassle free 6% off MSRP and dealers get 2% from an A-plan sell. Is this still true, i couldn’t find anything new on it.

Keep in mind the lower MF and lower rebate is probably to discourage buying out the lease early. With an obscene MF and lots of rebates, you just buy it out and don’t care how high the MF is, now it makes more sense to keep the car through term.

Not sure I’d want to buy a transitional EV. IE, an early model that get updated with big batteries later etc.

It has not been true for quite a while. Volvo A-Plan is currently a fixed discount per model, which you can always check in the A-Plan portal. Many brokers also list what it currently is in their ads (standard A-Plan is $500 on most models), or Super Supports can view it using Rate Finder.

Thank you for confirming that. I assumed so but couldn’t really find anything confirming it.

Even the dealership getting 2% is no more? More curious so i know to use that as part of my negotiations lol.

I can stack the A-plan $500 on top of all those incentives correct?

They get what they get. Don’t worry about that.

:point_down:t2:

If you have A Plan, the rules are in the A Plan portal. If you don’t, it’s too late to get it.

Thank you. I saw the fine print things were stackable but it mentioned public affinity and I wasn’t sure if the Military one counted as public.

So just to be clear, the May incentives are much worse than the April ones (7500+5000=$12500).

$55-60k or so MSRP for a semi-loaded C40?

Hard pass.

2 Likes

I think.someone mentioned this earlier but the change in RV/MF with the lower $2500 Costco makes the May leases similar to April.

2 Likes

It makes the monthly similar, but doesn’t help if you were going to buy out early

1 Like

Hi - looking to lease an xc40 recharge. Asked a couple dealers and they quote MSRP - incentives:

$7500 EV credit
$2500 Costco
$1500 Volvo dealer lease credit
$1000 Loyalty

So 12.5 K off is pretty good, and the leasehackr score is around 6 years when I enter the numbers in the calculator.

Being the cheapskate that I am I can’t help but wonder if there is more room to negotiate below MSRP. I am in the land of car buying zombies with too much money(Seattle, WA), which doesn’t help. Has anyone had luck getting further discounts? I am willing to buy of state to get the good deal. Better metros to look in? Many of the brokers refuse to do out of state deals with Volvo and I am wondering what the reason is.

There are several Volvo brokers here, might make life easier.

BTW The Fed raised the interest rate, so any ‘savings’ you are looking for, don’t wait too long.

Thanks for the reply, but wouldn’t force further incentives?

There are way fewer xc40 recharges than c40 rechanges, but the dealers should be coming off msrp before incentives. Check the Marketplace to see what some of the brokers are offering.

1 Like

This is not a good score for C40, target above 10 years.

Of course. I am seeing a 10% off MSRP pre-incentive all the time, even in California:

1 Like

No it isn’t, but they’re looking for an XC40 recharge

1 Like

I’m also in WA. Our dealers don’t really negotiate off MSRP. Instead they’re marking up MF and acting like they’re are doing you a huge favor by selling you a car. Needless to say I’m looking for out of state deals.

Whoops. My bad. They both look so similar, I didn’t realize they were two different cars.
So the next question is, why are there two models from Volvo that are so similar? Shouldn’t the discount on both be similar?

10 years leashackr score is what I am looking for. 10% off MSRP plus incentives would probably get me there. Problem is my local dealer market.