Camaro Accessories (Moved from signing thread)

The Led’s are looking lovely :heart_eyes:

I just cant help myself with this car…such great aftermarket support. Santa is bringing the Smurf one of these in a few days. I just couldnt resist since the blue filter and logo will match the car.

It will add between -1 and +0.2 hp😁. But it will sound glorious.

2 Likes

This comes on and off in like 15 minutes…Im not doing any mods that arent easily reversible.

The original GM Performance CAI is blue too and it comes in a transparent box. It’s stupid but to me it kind of resembles to C6 ZR1 glass hood cover and it doesn’t any warranty. It comes with a code to get get updated tuning from dealership.

My Camaro came from the factory with it. Idk if the regular LT1 make a whistling noise but CAI LT1 makes a slight whistling noise

That is the one I originally was going to get. In your case…JACKPOT as its residualized :slight_smile:

I ended up with the BBK mainly because I ended up finding one directly from the manufacturer for almost half the price of the GMP (aka Cold Air Inductions) one. I also did hear about the whistling noise that the GMP/CAI one makes, and I understand the other ones (BBK, Rotofab, etc) do not make that same noise.

And…that strut tower brace in black looks awesome. I may paint mine the same (its currently just raw aluminum color) and add a Chevy logo to it like your OEM one.

1 Like

Removed yesterday FYI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im debating dressing up with rear trunklid a bit more with something a tad more aggressive than the factory RS style trunk lip. I really dig the 1LE style rear trunk blade spoiler, especially with the wickerbill add on.

1 Like

Now leave it alone … LoL

2 Likes

No can-do :slight_smile: This car, and the Jeep, are just too much fun to play around with… And everything is reversible.

I’ve been tempted to add the wicker bill but it has to be drilled. At least the OEM one does, but it does make the car stand out

Drilling would be a no go for me as well. But, if you buy a new base spoiler (1LE type rocks) which includes the wickerbill, it can mount using the factory bolt holes.

Not a fan of the wicker bill. Very nascar-esq lol.

The black trunk lip is perfect and clean. Pic from my Redline this past summer :cry:

7 Likes

Wrapping my stock one in satin black is my plan b✔️

Speaking of spoilers------

I’ve been wanting to learn how to wrap and was intrigued by the satin black on the 1LE package blade spoiler, so I gave it a shot wrapping my RS type decklid spoiler today.

I learned a ton from watching CKwraps on YouTube, (an expert wrapper in Canada who has posted a ton of videos). Those were invaluable in learning some basics as well as some tricks of the trade.

I am totally digging this in satin black vs. body color. I did this just as an experiment (and to practice wrapping) and figured I would pull it off if I didn’t like it, but I think I’m going to leave it. It really does pair well with the black wheels, black ZL1 style side skirts, and black 1LE front splitter.

3 Likes

I also got a little practice plastidipping this morning. I really wasn’t a huge fan of the crude cast ends of the strut tower brace so I gave them some black plastidip and I think they look a lot better. I was going to polish out the bar, but decided to leave it alone since it matches the engine cover.

1 Like

Good job. Def looks better in black than paint matched

What did it require? Just a heat gun and box cutting knife?

Honestly, doing this wrapping and doing a good job at it is much harder than it looks. I can see why folks who are really good at it get big bucks for their work.

You do need a heat gun, cutting knife, a squeegee tool, and then a small flexible slim tool to tuck under the edges.

When the new spoiler arrives, I’m debating wrapping it or painting it…

Since the LED sidemarkers from VIPMotoz were so good for the $, I bought the companion rear reflector LED replacements. These go in the factory location and replace the OEM reflectors with actual LED lights (reverse, braking, and sequential turn signals). I have these on the Jeep and they are fantastic.

Couldnt resist these either since Ive been on an LED kick.