I leased a 2021 X3 through a broker in the forum. I am in FL, the broker is in a different state and the dealer in different. Made a deal with the broker on LH. Agreed on the price. Paid $500 via venmo. I was connected to the dealer
Noticed some red flags
- The dealer switched the car from what was originally agreed on. When I asked for specs I noticed the discrepancy. I raised it with the dealer/broker and they fixed it by giving me upgraded wheels
- Paperwork was fedexed to me I sent it back the following day and dealer stopped responding to me. No updates for 3 days about car shipment. I raised it with broker and then the dealer responded and finally shipped the car.
- Car was shipped with fuel tank almost empty and did not had any of my signed paperwork.
- I sent an email asking for signed paperwork and I was told that it will be shipped to me. He also sent scanned copy as an attachment.
- I logged into the BMW account which was set up today. Deal was closed on 4th an. I noticed that my allocated mileage is 10k instead of 12k. I rechecked the paperwork that I received few days ago and noticed that it is different then what I signed. Capitalized cost reduction is 2147 as compared to 1447. My initials on that pages is faked. Two other page have my fake signature.
I have sent a text and message(LH) to my broker and will wait for his response. I am assuming that its not the broker’s fault at all so will let him fix it for me before revealing the name here.
What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?
UPDATE - 02/23/2021
I was finally able to get my car registered in FL. It took a month an half and had to deal with a room full of corrupt and unethical employees at this dealership. Spent hours sending email/calls and had to work as a project manager to get this fixed.
What Happened(my conclusion)- The Finance Director at the dealership tried to pocket $750 loyalty on my behalf(Even though I did not qualify for it). I think my Sales Rep the, Sales Rep Coworker and all are part of this. They usually get away with it but got caught this time. The forger will no get into any trouble.
Legal - I contacted few attorneys and I was told that all they can do it get the contract voided or get me my direct damage back. All suggested against going the legal way. This happens more often then what we can think of.
Me - In the end I was not paid any compensation. The money that they were stealing from BMW was passed on to me hence lowering my monthly by $25. I spent hours chasing them and made three trips to DMV to even get this registered.
Broker - @Clutch I give 2 stars to the broker. Sleeping with the devil makes you the devil. I was promised a straightforward process but it was not. I had to chase the dealer ship to get the car shipped, to send the document over and to get the car registered. So, there were many problems apart from forgery. The broker did refund the broker fee but no not until I mentioned it in this thread.
I leased a vehicle through a broker and I reside out of state. The paperwork was done via fedex. After 14 days or so when it showed up on BMW website I noticed that my allocated mileage was 30k instead of 36k. Upon deep diving and rechecking the executed paper I noticed that my signature was forged and numbers were altered. This deal was conducted via a broker. The car was to be shipped to me.
OMAR Saleh -The Sales Rep- - Stop paying attention after deal was done. I had to contact again and again to get the vehicle shipped to me. He sent me paperwork with forged signature. Never sent the title work to MY DMV after promising. I had to send mails again and again to get the copy of executed paperwork.
Jason Diaz – Called and lied pretending to be the co-worker boss to cover up the forgery. Lied that GM is aware of situation. Lied that BMW is correcting contract and lied that employee will be fired.
Scott Smith (GM) - Did not take any action on the employee who conducted the forgery and made me deal with the same employee throughout the process. I spent more than a month sending email/phone calls. On the calls he sounded like it was not a big deal. Big part of the problem.
Michael Perez- Finance Director- Forged my signature, kept on sending paperwork with mistakes to me. Delayed every step of the process and had to be pushed all through even after committing the forgery. Got away with no punishment what so ever.
- Deal Agreed on 4th Jan
- Paperwork mailed back 6th Jan
- Jan6th- Jan 11th- Chased OMAR via phone call and emails as car was not shipped. He kept ignoring
- Jan 12th – Finally Car was shipped and received.
- Jan 12th – Copy of paperwork with forged signature email to me by Omar sales rep after asking for it again and again. He said title paperwork has been sent to my DMV(Never sent)
- Jan 18th- I noticed the incorrect number on BMW website and realized that my number was forged
- Jan 18th -I reached out to my sales rep OMAR who said things will be corrected right away and GM will contact me
- Jan- 18th.A co-worked of OMAR, Jason called pretending to be his boss and said that GM is made aware of the situation. Corrected paperwork sent to BMW and the person involved will not be working there anymore.
- Jan 19th – Copied GM on the email conversation with Jason and got a call back on 19th. The GM (Scott Smith) said he was not aware of this and will look into it and get back to me.
- 20th – He called back admitted to his employee making a mistake and said the employee will be suspended. The employee Michael Perez. GM mentioned that the finance director tried to back $750 BMW loyalty for themselves.
- 22nd Jan- new paperwork was sent and had mistaken in it. Same Michael guy sent it
- 26th Jan – Corrected paperwork received singed and sent back
- 1st Feb- Contacted them as BMW was not showing new number. They never sent the paperwork to BMW
- 12th Feb- After pushing them multiple times corrected shows up on BMW website
- 16th Feb- Went to DMV but Michael missed a paperwork
- 18th Feb- Went to DMV again to get temporary tags because the older tag expired.
- 19th Feb – Went to DMV who finally received all paperwork and was able to register vehicle. Recheck the paperwork and noticed that they sent the same forged paperwork to DMV
In the end- My miles was corrected. The money that Michael was trying to pocket was added to my account and hence payment was decreased by $25 per month. No compensation was granted for the ordeal that I had to go through. It took 1.5 month for this to sort out. The employee involved was not disciplined and got away with the mess.
I am not sure how many other they have done this to. I was lucky to check the information else I would had discovered it after 3 years during turn in.