BMW Leasing Wiki

What does OL stand for?

Nobody seems to know. Just know it’s an extra discount.

1 Like

Let’s make something up.

Oblivious Lessee code.

1 Like

Oh Look…
Obviously Lost…

1 Like

Curious how do they verify loyalty? Does the person need to share an address with someone having a BMW?

How to find OL codes. What do we need to do to get a OL code.

Can Conquest be applied if we are leasing for the first time (i.e. haven’t leased or bought any previous cars)?

How to find Demo Cars in the dealership directly, without looking at the forum. Do people advertise demo / loaners on their dealership website?

What is lease credit. Direct discount on the lease ?

I love this thread, but have a lot of questions. PS. Thanks hackrs for clarifying the questions.

Answers in bold.

6 Likes

At the risk of asking silly questions here as we come upon the last 90 days of our lease…

(1) If you lease a new BMW before returning the car (e.g. if we leased a new car now at 90 days out), will they still waive disposition on the old one?

(2) If the current lease is in one person’s name and you put the new one in their spouse’s name that lives in the same household, will they waive the disposition fee still?

Planning to call FS tomorrow to see what happens, but I’m curious if there is any hands on experience.

Thanks!

1 Like

If I do 7 MSDs today, and then lease a new BMW at the time I turn in the “old” one, do the MSDs “roll over” to the next lease, or are new funds collected and the old MSD money refunded later?

Depending on the answer I may have follow-up questions.

AFAIK, They should be rolled. However, if you would owe more, you’d have to pay more. In other words, if your old car had 2500 in MSDs, but your new one had a payment of 400/mo, that would mean you’d owe 300 extra.

That makes sense. If they rolled, my main follow-up question was about if the new MSD amount was less.

Do you get a check, or is the difference applied against fees and then what’s left goes to cap cost reduction, or do you have a choice, or [some other answer]?

1. Yes, disposition fee is waived even if you return and lease a new BMW 6 months from your return date.

2. Yes, disposition fee will still be waived as it is in the same household.

1 Like

MSD’s will only roll over if the dealership purchases your car which will most likely not be the case.

They will try to get you to put down MSD’s again and have BMWFS refund your original MSD.

3 Likes

Thank you much!

I was in the same situation earlier this year. I was told my the lease return person at the dealership that disposition fee can be waived if you return your current lease 2 months after your new lease or return your current lease within 6 months after your new lease.

Yes, but you have to call BMWFS to tell them. It’s not automatic.

Maybe one of the best threads I’ve seen on LH. Nice to see the MSDs are back - alas they were discontinued when I leased my last vehicle.

Anyone knows if I buy additional miles before the lease end, any discount available? Anyone done that before. Contract stays 0.25/mile when over the allowance.

I believe it’s 23cents/mi if you buy it now before lease end.

Do they charge first then refund after the new lease starts? Or they dont charge until the 6th month after the lease return?