BMW Leasing Wiki

Uhmmmm…what. No that’s horseshit. Speak to someone higher up or move on because they’re obviously trying to sandbag you.

There are actually a surprisingly large amount of BMW dealers/CAs that do not know of MSDs or how to do it. The .1 markup for paying acq fee upfront is definitely a new one :rofl:. I’d talk to someone higher up at that dealer.

1 Like

Can MSD and 1-pay be combined to get the MF reduction from both?

No. One or the other

2 Likes

I have seen deals where BMWFS will make an exception to the rule and apply the lease credit/loyalty (for instance if the vehicle has 5018 miles, they will still allow the lease incentives)

Has there been a case where they also disregard the additional residual drop?

Anyone have any experience with this? If they disregard the residual drop I just may pull off the deal of the millennium…

Anyone know if there is any exception to the 24 month rule for college grad incentive (ie would they accept 26 months ago?)

Who decides time a customer qualifies / could make an exception…the dealer or BMW FS?

Doubtful. They get all FBI on that particular incentive…

But you should check your graduation date on your diploma. May be later than you think.

On that note, do they go by date on diploma or date on transcript? In my case they’re 2 months apart.

BMW College Graduate Program - BMW USA

(https://www.bmwusa.com/college-graduate-program.html)

Looks like they lower the debt-to-income ratio requirement from 45% to 20%, which is almost impossible if you have a mortgage…

I guess they don’t count on recent graduates having a mortgage.

Somewhat true, but I, for one, would prioritize buying a property (to live in or rent out) over leasing a BMW.

Plus, imagine the % of people this could disqualify because of their student debt.

I feel this could make only a very small percentage of new graduates qualify for the $1k incentive.

2 Likes

And you for one would be much smarter than the typical 22-year-old college grad😁

1 Like

Wow. 20 is very low, it took me years after college to get down to that due to low starting salary, student loans and credit card debt - guess they’re only interested in professional degrees or the crowd who went to college on their parents dime even though IMO someone in their 20’s who has responsibly managed debt for years is much less likely to default than someone who has no idea how to handle debt.

So basically now it’s easier to qualify for a low rate conventional mortgage than it is to get BMW college grad incentive :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah…oh well. As long as there’s OL codes…

I see some loaner/demo cars with super low mileage listed on local dealers’ websites, which doesn’t make whole lot of sense since the service loaners should be racking up the miles. Why would dealers have super low mileage (like single digit, brand new car mileage) loaner or demo cars? More importantly would these cars qualify for the CCA rebate and in case of EVs and PHEVs the state tax credit here in CO (leases get $2500 credit here and it goes to the lessee not the lessor)?

BMW is no longer allowing dealers to advertise new cars under MSRP. My understanding is that some dealers are punching new units as demos, parking them, and then listing them as used to advertise a discount.

2 Likes

Really?!

Now it makes sense why a local dealer has a 440 GC listed as a demo with 2k miles and a $10k discount, but in reality it’s a brand new vehicle with 12 miles.

what? that doesn’t make sense. Yes I’ve seen quite a few dealers do that (and still give shitty discounts) but why loose money on discounting a car for ad?

What frustrates me is that dealers don’t realize that a used car HAS to be atleast some % lower than new cars. Was repeatedly told that new vs old cars are the same thing but its not. You loose CCA rebates for one, car value (# of owners) , and in case of EV, the state / federal rebates.

It’s not just for the ad. It’s a way of “cheating” so that dealer can hit quotas without actually selling the car. Let’s say they need to sell 65 cars for the month and they’ve only sold 64, then it’s worth it for them to punch the car as sold since the incentive will retroactively apply to every car.