BMW Loyalty Question (addresses in multiple states)

Hi all,
Trying to see if we qualify for BMW Loyalty. The address on my wife’s drivers license is in Kansas City, MO. Her brother has a BMW registered to him and he also lives in Kansas City and the car is registered to that same address.

We just rented an apartment in New York and are looking for a car lease in NY. This car would be registered in NY, even though my wife’s permanent address is still Kansas City.

Would we (she) qualify for BMW loyalty if she leases a car in NY? Isn’t the criteria that she needs to have a BMW already registered to her OR registered in the same household? Wouldn’t the Kansas City address count as the household? If not, what do people do with multiple addresses when trying to qualify for loyalty?

Needs to be registered to the address where the other BMW resides… so has to be the KC address.

Since bmw has tightened up some language, I checked the current verbiage for the loyalty credit. If I’m reading this correctly, I don’t think you qualify simply because of the “common” address. You need to be the current/former owner/lessee:

• Disclaimer(s)
    BMW Loyalty Lease/APR Credit is available for current or former BMW owners/lessees who lease or finance a new eligible MY2018 or MY2019 BMW model from an authorized BMW dealer and contract through BMW Financial Services. Current BMW owner: Customer with a BMW Car/SAV currently in their possession, regardless of financing source (proof of ownership required such as vehicle registration, auto insurance card, vehicle title or DCS Vehicle Inquiry). - Former BMW owner: Customer who sold their BMW Car/SAV within the last 12 months, regardless of financing source (proof of ownership required such as vehicle registration, auto insurance card, vehicle title or DCS Vehicle History). - Current BMW Financial Services owner/lessee: Customer leasing or financing a BMW Car/SAV through BMW Financial Services (provide BMW FS account number or VIN). - Former BMW Financial Services owner/lessee: Customer who leased or financed a BMW Car/SAV through BMW Financial Services and their contract expired within the last 12 months (provide BMW FS account number or VIN). The following new retail types are eligible: 1-5 Consumer Retail, A-Center Employee, B-Demonstrator Update, and D-Recognition. G-Executive Allowance and J-USAA are eligible for all vehicles except the i3. -Retired AMP Vehicles and Demonstrators that have accumulated less than 10,000 miles will qualify when reported to the end consumer during the program period. Vehicles that have accumulated 10,000 miles or more do not qualify. -BMW NA Company Vehicles that have accumulated less than 5,000 miles will qualify when reported to the end consumer during the program period. Company vehicles that have accumulated 5,000 miles or more do not qualify. -Vehicles previously reported as the following retail types (that meet mileage requirements) are eligible when reported to the end consumer during the program period: 6-Service Loaner, 7-Sales Demo, 8-Specialty Demo, Z-Demonstrator, 9-NA Company Vehicle, E-Mobile Assistance, F-Shuttle and K-Extended Test Drive. -The following new retail types are not eligible: H-Corporate Fleet, I-Daily Rental and L-Limo & Hotel

If we simply just add her name to the registration of her brother’s car, would that take care of it? That way the address on her drivers license matches the address on the registration and the names match up. At that point does us being in NY matter?

This was addressed by one of the BMW dealers last week (don’t remember what post it was on). One of the qualifiers was a credit report address matches the address the vehicle is registered at. So you might be able to get away with that. If proof is needed I think he said you would need to provide a utility bill (not cell phone bill or drivers license) or something that can be changed easily) or something proving residence address.

My ex was able to get the rebate last week even though we no longer share the same address but it was on the credit report (and the move was just a few months ago). Drivers license showed the new address.

Thanks. Any thoughts on my possible solution above?