BMW Leasing Wiki

That makes sense. If they rolled, my main follow-up question was about if the new MSD amount was less.

Do you get a check, or is the difference applied against fees and then what’s left goes to cap cost reduction, or do you have a choice, or [some other answer]?

1. Yes, disposition fee is waived even if you return and lease a new BMW 6 months from your return date.

2. Yes, disposition fee will still be waived as it is in the same household.

1 Like

MSD’s will only roll over if the dealership purchases your car which will most likely not be the case.

They will try to get you to put down MSD’s again and have BMWFS refund your original MSD.

3 Likes

Thank you much!

I was in the same situation earlier this year. I was told my the lease return person at the dealership that disposition fee can be waived if you return your current lease 2 months after your new lease or return your current lease within 6 months after your new lease.

Yes, but you have to call BMWFS to tell them. It’s not automatic.

Maybe one of the best threads I’ve seen on LH. Nice to see the MSDs are back - alas they were discontinued when I leased my last vehicle.

Anyone knows if I buy additional miles before the lease end, any discount available? Anyone done that before. Contract stays 0.25/mile when over the allowance.

I believe it’s 23cents/mi if you buy it now before lease end.

Do they charge first then refund after the new lease starts? Or they dont charge until the 6th month after the lease return?

There’s no way of them knowing if or when a new lease would commence, so they’d charge and you’d have to get refunded.

They always charge you first. In my case, I got my deposition fee applied as credit to my new lease. Maybe they can cut you a check if you ask.

But I guess if you really concern about getting $350 back now vs a few months later, leasing a new car is probably not the best financial choice.

Your guess is wrong then, I am not “concerned”. This is wiki , people ask questions to understand the process.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Any suggestion/link showing how shall the lease owner initiate a lease transfer?

False statement. I grounded my lease at a different dealership 1000+ miles away with nothing to do with my deal. Grounding dealer didn’t buy it either (i3 BEV) MSD rolled over no issues

They did not purchase it from you. They purchased through BMWFS.

Never said they purchased it from me, thats not possible as i didn’t own it. I tracked the car post grounding. Went to auction. MSDs rolled over.

Is there a reference about historic money factors? I am being told the MF being used to calculate my deal sheet is 0.00168 which clearly reflects the 0.0004 inflation… I have a credit score over 800 so I can’t imagine this is reasonable. Is this something I can negotiate or is the number the number and that’s it? Thank you!

If the discount is correct on the front end, don’t worry too much about the markup on the backend if you’re paying a low doc fee.

Are we supposed to get a new MF and potentially new incentives tomorrow? Or some time within October?
In negotiations right now hope it can give me more leverage lol