BMW Leasing Wiki

Hi Michael,
May be this needs to be updated. OL aka Driving Event Certs are applicable on loaners is what was confirmed by BmwDave.
Thanks

Updated:

• Residual hit over 5k + 7.5k
  • MF Adjustment for MSDs
  • Updated Corporate Fleet Program details
  • Added OL + USAA to available Incentives
  • Added Euro Delivery link
  • Added BMWCCA info

Thanks to @bmw_dave who laid out the new Corp Fleet rules back in Jan in his thread.

I’m also going to move all of the old questions to the landfill to make this easier to read. No offense to anyone’s post that I moved, however, many of the questions are old and outdated anyways, and in an effort to make this post easier to read, I felt they should be moved.

I’m also going to leave @MConte05 's historical 3 series data simply as a data point.

MOVING FORWARD, LET’S KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN AND EASY TO READ, since it’s supposed to be a FAQ.

EDIT: Thread was cleaned up again on 6/7/19. A traditional “Wiki” does not have commentary. Please refrain from cluttering this thread with commentary.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Does BMW College grad extend to the graduate’s household? I feel like it only applies to the graduate, but I wanted to make sure.

College Grad is only applicable to the Graduate. They have to be on the contract as the main or co. Of all the incentives College grad is the most strict. I’ve had to jump though so many hoops and have had college grad turned down often because BMW financial services goes FBI when it comes to college grad!

1 Like

Is it possible to lease two cars with College Grad incentive? I’ve seen mixed answers on this

@michael For the unused mileage credit, it turned out you have to lease a new BMW/MINI 2 months prior or within 6 months your lease return. The credit has to be applied to your new account. I returned a MINI earlier this month and was expecting to see the credit applying to my end of term charges. I called MINI FS today and told them to apply it to the new BMW account under my wife’s name. Otherwise, we wouldn’t receive any credit for unused mileage.

I would think the answer would be yes. I have done it with Toyota for sure.

1 Like

This post is awesome! Lord knows I was lost on the forum thank you!!

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get dealers to remove acquisition fees?

Is there a link with the explanation or qualification for each incentive?

They’ll remove it but it’ll cost additional interest. (50 basis points)

Worth it when you hack cheaper loaners practically down to nothing. (20% or more before incentive) and are using a shorter term like 24mos.

Totally lost I’m sorry :pensive:

Will the additional interest it cost be rolled into the monthly?

I’m really hoping to get a demo/loaner - can you please explain that part ?

If buy MF is .00150 (this is just an example), dropping the acquisition will raise this to .00200.

This is only worth it on shorter terms where the difference between RV and sell price/incentives is lower than average.

2 Likes

Okay thank you

I’m being told by a dealer that BMW will not allow pre-payment of the acquisition fee without increasing the money factor by 10 basis points. It seems that the dealer is confusing waiving the acquisition fee with prepaying it, but perhaps someone here can confirm whether pre-payment without an increase in the MF is available with BMW?

That’s my first time hearing that one. Obviously it’s not true.

Thanks! They also didn’t know about MSDs and had to confirm that with BMW as well.

If you pay $925 upfront then you pay 925 upfront, doesn’t really matter if it is acq few or not.

ok, thanks, that makes sense. I guess I got caught up with the pre-pay button on the leasehackr calculator.

Uhmmmm…what. No that’s horseshit. Speak to someone higher up or move on because they’re obviously trying to sandbag you.

There are actually a surprisingly large amount of BMW dealers/CAs that do not know of MSDs or how to do it. The .1 markup for paying acq fee upfront is definitely a new one :rofl:. I’d talk to someone higher up at that dealer.

1 Like