Best Sporty Car < $400?

I’ve been in search of a nice sporty (fast) car that I can find for less than ~$400/month. I have no issues putting MSDs down if that helps/is possible with the identified make/model.

I’m planning on 10k miles / yr and generally open to anything with 4 (or more) doors. Ultimately, I just want a fun and fast vehicle. I’d love to get into a luxury brand if possible (just traded in an Audi S4 that I loved), but I’ll be happy with anything that’s very quick and has good driving dynamics.

I am tier 1 credit, but I live in a relatively small market (not much dealer competition). Chicago is only a couple hours drive though.

Any suggestions on highly leasable sporty cars hackers?

Subaru WRX. Not sure what you mean by “highly leasable”, but Subaru is not front page lease.

Thanks! WRX is definitely on the radar.

Just meant something that has solid MF/RV by ‘highly leasable.’

WRX Limited CVT
36/10: MF .0007 (not bad for a Subaru) RV 60%
MSRP: $33,015
Sale: $30,600
$0 CCR
$335/mo + tax, acq and everything else.

That seems high for a $33K car. I leased a Lexus IS350 F-sport ($47k) for $410 a month (so cal tax included) and I think it was just as much fun as the WRX (in my opinion). I haven’t driven the 200t (obviously would be cheaper) so I’m not sure on the driving aspects of that one. Not sure how much a BMW 235i would run as far as leases go, but that is a fun car to drive as well. Maybe some executive demo’s are out there still.

It’s a Subaru (and WRX) - they never have incentives, so not bad. Also - there might be better discount on sale price.
WRX is a real sports car, unlike IS350, even F :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure its a “real sports car” :slight_smile: I do agree its a great driver’s car, but at the end of the day, you’re basically driving around in an Impreza with a better engine/brakes/transmission and some aftermarket looking bits and pieces on it IMO. However, I am in LA so I’m a bit jaded. :laughing:

I will absolutely agree that the IS350 isn’t a real sports car, but I enjoy the power from the V6.

Something that doesn’t drive like a Lexus or Volvo? :slight_smile: And who needs a V6 when you can have 2 liter boxer with 268 hp in small car.

1 Like

Charger Scat Pack? 2017 Charger Scat Pack

1 Like

You can get a Mustang for under 400 a month.

Or even better a Camaro.

You can get some ideas from this thread…The Q50 Red Sport mentioned was probably one of last month’s exceptional deals

VW GLI? There was a thread on it recently, too

1 Like

When did you lease the Lexus? I can’t seem to come close to those numbers

330i or 340i M-Sport with a manual and nothing else. That’s pretty damn sporty if you ask me. Hah

1 Like

What about a Maxima Platinum for 400 month???

I doubt OP can get that for under $400 unless it’s a demo or 2016 MY. I second the IS350, not a traditional sports car but still great to drive. My wife has one and loves it (she’s coming from a 135i which is pretty sporty).

Whats about a Mazda Miata, they are a proper sports car.

Terrible lease though. Low RV, high MF. And tall folk don’t fit LOL

If the OP can wait a few months till BMW pumps up the residuals again then it’s entirely possible. Especially on a 330i. Right now the residual numbers for 2016 cars are the lowest they’ve ever been, the 2017’s are higher. 2017 is 62% for 36/10, 68% for 24/10.

BMW has pumped those numbers as high as 72% for 24/10 and 66% for 36/10. Combine those residuals with some rebates and a willingness to travel for the best deal, and it’s entirely possible.

Wouldn’t count out demo/exec stock either. But like I mentioned, right now isn’t the best time to get a deal on a 3-series, but if patience it can be a winner.

1 Like

I’m too tall for Miata!