Best Sporty Car < $400?

But you must be able to get one below $400 right and I’m 6’3" and love driving them.

I’m 6’5"… The mrs. also requires the occasional transport of our two children in a pinch. Just not enough room :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you get a Camaro for under $400 a month. Tiny back seats but if it is only occasional.

Part of the reason people like Miatas and BRZs is that it takes some skill to drive it quick…e.g. your corner entry and exit speeds, rowing the gears on a manual shifter to keep the engine ‘on boil’…it’s very different from a high HP monster that you can just mash the throttle…

In addition to the WRX and GLI mentioned earlier, I’d throw out the 320i with Sport Package, not much else (to keep it light, relatively speaking) and a 6-speed manual.

1 Like

I second @max_g 100% on that, a sport car is exactly what he described imho. The new Camaro is basically like driving a powerful Honda S2000, another epic car I wish I still owned.

It was this past May. I started negotiating with them on the 15th, and signed on the 31st. They were extremely persistent and were ready to deal by the end of the month. I think the 350’s sell much slower than the 200t, so that might be the answer. I don’t think much leases well in January because the local dealerships and corporate financial departments are just now getting themselves back into the groove of things after the December slam.

@MConte05 when do you think the residual values of the 3-series will go up? Is there any historical context that would provide some clues? Currently looking at the 3-series but could wait till March-April at the latest.

Check out this spreadsheet I made kinda sorta tracking historical values. No guarantees on this, I collected it mostly through checking the edmunds forums lease threads. Kind of gives you a good idea of what BMW has done in the last two years. Sounds like they might be cracking down on the CPO lease deals, maybe they’ll pump up the new car incentives to keep people from leasing CPO, who knows.

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome. Thanks for sharing! It looks like between 2015 and 2016 the higher residuals shifted later in the year. Rebates + MF seems to shift around a bit too.