Audi Care Discussion Thread

Audi Care is a prepaid maintenance agreement, which is most commonly discussed here because purchasing it can reduce the cost of an AFS lease by adding 1% to the RV of your new Audi.

Ask your questions or post your observations about Audi Care in this thread.

Have you had any experience canceling Audicare?

1. I used one pay, does the audicare go back to me or AFS? (the rep told me some confusing information
  2. Does the cancellation have any impact on the residual and will I owe additional money to AFS?

Do you have any information on the $500 gift card?

Mine went back to AFS, and the refund was applied to my lease balance.

are we refunding this for reasons of just getting a better deal and that these are only going to be 1-2 year leases (presuming we can extend up another year)?

also, I am on one pay… any idea how that would work with refund?

I have a 24-month lease, and I did AC for the 1% RV bump, and the cancelation / refund covered 1.x payments, so it was the final polish on my deal.

The dealer suggested I’d come out ahead paying for maintenance OOP rather than having AC cover it. Tbh I didn’t do much research to confirm this, as I had only minutes to commit to the deal, and the difference can’t be terribly consequential either way.

I don’t know how it would work on a one-pay. I vaguely recall others mentioning receiving a check from the dealer (who would have received the refund from AFS), which would make sense since there would be no lease balance to credit.

The contract states 95% of the cost of Audicare will be refunded to buyer if cancelled within 30 days provided the services weren’t rendered. The gift card is $500 Amex card but I chose the Homestation Level 2 charger worth $650 retail.

I spoke to a CX rep and they told me it’s 100% within the first 30 days and 95% thereafter if not used.

Yeah my lease is a 12 month and I will definitely come out ahead even working under the assumption I will extend once at a 6 month interval, with the first service visit being free.

Guess I’ll find out soon. This is what was in my paperwork

Curious about this, first service is free at 10k miles you say?
Then definitely cancel Audi care.
But that paperwork shows Audi care for the 10k miles service. A bit confusing, would be great to get that $$ back though.

Mine on 3 AFS leases were sent directly to me from AFS.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t realize it’s only refundable in California? So all other 49 states just don’t get that benefit?

Does Audi still do this?

no they dont

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

1 Like

swung by the dealer today - asked about canceling audi care they said it is set in stone and there’s no canceling it

is it a cali thing only, obv i’m in texas so different rules that is making it non refundable

Call AFS and cancel it

2 Likes

any other tips on this? I called and they were confused by the request and asked me to go through the dealer

If you look in your lease paperwork you should have received a document covering, among other things, the refund schedule and how to cancel.

Mine (CA lease) specifically says to contact the dealership to request a refund.

1 Like