The Audi e-tron GT Discussion Thread

So I called AFS again today to just go ahead and extend it since it is a “month to month” process but they said they cannot figure out what my monthly would be now since it doesn’t show on my contract. After some research, they came back at a $3,430 payment every month. So you are correct, extending these makes no sense at all. I am completely under miles on this car so I might as well start driving it as my daily lol

I am out a set of new wheels now so either I have to get another RS or Taycan next lol

1 Like

unfortunate, was looking forward to extending this

I don’t think this only works in Cali. I am in NY and just started the refund process.

I called Audi directly (didn’t feel like dealing with the dealership) and they emailed me some steps to initiate the refund. Also, on the second page of your Audi Care contract it spells out the refund schedule; 100% pre 30 days, 95% post 30 days but pre first visit, 50% post first maintenance, etc. Not sure if this is state specific as there is no language stating such in my contract.

5 Likes

I called Audi customer service and was informed the refund would be in form of a check to my address, since I did a One-Pay.

Same experience here.
Called to find out and was given the same answer… I would definitely extend if it was the one pay divided 12 but it doesn’t seem like that’ll happen.

What happens to the residual bump we got for signing up for Audi care.

I have a one pay so if Audi care is cancelled and refunded, how does the one pay get affected?

Can you share what phone #

They can’t go back and alter the contract after it’s funded so i guess it’s their loss our gain

+1 what i’m planning to do as well but but hesitant that the bank will come for the lost residual money if i cancel audi care

Which clause in your lease agreement allows AFS to do this?

I’m curious what you guys are getting for charging speeds… I had severely limited charging speeds until my recent service appointment.

I’m going to go to an EA in about an hour - will post what I get.

just charged my RS, started at 10% and it held 90kw from start to finish, 150kw station though.

This was a few days ago

2 Likes

I’m jealous, took me 60 mins 10-100%

Well don’t be - I’m back to suckville

This definitely has something to do with battery temp - when I drive it hard in dynamic I’m getting the best charging speeds.

This was a short trip and my car sat for 30-40 minutes prior to me plugging in.

I read somewhere if you use the Audi Nav to set destination to HPC charger it pre-conditions your batteries - tesla came up with it earlier due to poor battery temperature control in cold weather.

your experience kinda lines up with dynamic mode using more power - and “warm up” :thinking: not sure if that’s the word for batteries - before getting good speeds

I tried it for the first time - where i preconditioned via sat nav - on a 7Eleven 150kwh charger from 83% to 98% took around 15 minutes or so

again i had to do a long distance drive, pulled into a evconnect 120kwh this time NO pre-condition or set the Audi Nav to HPC - took 27 minutes 76% to 89%

1. Predictive preconditioning

In order to be able to use the Audi e-tron GT’s2 high HPC charging capacity of up to 270 kW, the high-voltage battery needs to be at a particular temperature. This is achieved by means of adapted preconditioning of the battery while driving. When an HPC charging station is entered as the destination in the e-tron route planner, an algorithm calculate the anticipated arrival time and deduces the necessary heating or cooling capacity from that in order to be able to access high charging capacity at the charging station right away for short idle time. If the customer wishes, the interior temperature is also correspondingly regulated.

above :point_up_2: from Electromobility in winter: Intelligent functions optimize range and charging performance | Audi MediaCenter

2 Likes

Been doing that since I’ve had it… It does nothing lol

yikes time for dealer trip - i have gone like thrice for the right side charging port just giving up :person_shrugging:

charging is an issue along with other issues