The Audi e-tron GT Discussion Thread

For sure :rofl: thanks for follow up @syedhasan

AFS slapped me and said

Seinfeld Soup GIF

1 Like

FYI just received my Audi Care refund via check in the mail. I am in NY and did a OnePay.

1 Like

did you call AFS or go through the dealer?

Neither, I called Audi of America Customer Service (800) 822-2834.

2 Likes

How does it work if you cancel after getting the 1% RV increase?

Hey @hunterxzhang , do you mind informing which Audi department you did all this through? I’ve been on with AFS and they keep bouncing me around. One said i had to do it with the dealer but that can’t be right. TIA!

Edit: disregard, @trism answered it here!

1 Like

I did not go through the dealer or AFS. I called Audi of America Customer Experience Center (800) 822-2834.

I told them I wanted to refund Audi Care, they subsequently sent me a letter asking for a copy of contract and reason of refund. A week later I sent over a copy and told them I have a one year lease so it doesn’t make sense to have Audicare. I received an email stating they received my request and I can expect a response in a month or so. Two weeks later I got a check for $899

2 Likes

I already paid my balance with OnePay and just got the check back. My balance on AFS is still $0. Contract is signed, I doubt they can come back and try to readjust the amount owed due to a different RV.

1 Like

what state ?

How much is 10k service if I were to pay out of pocket? I am planning to extend my 12m lease by 6 months.

So really this is the consensus for those of us who did 12mo one-payment???..Today, I just got my 6mos to go email from AFS before my RS etron GT lease is up, and I was really thinking of extending the lease, but obviously not if the month-to-month isn’t based on our ridiculously low one-payment amount divided by 12. I’m really bummed. No one has recently heard otherwise?

I want to apply for a refund too, but I’m confused by the AC fine print: “no refund will given if the lease is terminated early or if the lease term is less than the coverage period.”

My lease term is 12mo/7500 (I did one-pay too), but my AC is 2/20k, does this mean I’m unable to get a refund?? Now that I understand extending the lease makes no sense given how the month-to-month is equated.

CA is the only state that allows a prorated refund of Audi Care, to my knowledge.

2 Likes

@hunterxzhang is NY and got a refund

1 Like

Yes your 12 month will be included your one pay and rebates. In my case, by contract it was $46500 one pay

1 Like

Well that sucks royally…really was hoping to squeeze out a couple more months out of this thing.

I’m going to try and apply for the AudiCare rebate this week, as those monies I could earmark and apply to the disposition fee, slight mile overage, and tire swap.

@DonnyAudi, how strict is Audi/3rd part inspection when it comes to tires being A/S (same sizes and speed rating) vs
the stock summer rubber? I’d like to save the cost/effort of remounting the summers before turn in. Thanks

I hope AFS has the foresight to realize that when all these leasehackr leases are over nobody is going to extend at a pre-rebate rate.

Suddenly all the dealers are going to have a few hundred GTs coming back into inventory by the end of February 2025.

I don’t work on the car industry but unless I am missing a piece of the puzzle, it seems problematic to have a mass influx of inventory coming back in that you couldn’t get out the door initially without a large rebate. Not sure what their plan is?

I had this recall (and another one… something with the heater) addressed this week as planned.

The appointment took almost 6 hours (when I booked they assured me I’d be out by noon, but it was practically 1:00).

For the charging cable they only replace the 220 segment, and the replacement is JUST short enough compared to the original that I had to redo how the full unit was attached to the wall by the electrician who installed it.

It was shady of the Audi dealer to try to sell me a rear tire for $614 because they found a nail in it. It was obviously an easy repair, as it was on the tread surface, right in the middle… nowhere near a sidewall.

I had the tire repaired at Discount Tire this morning for $0…. although I did buy donuts for the entire crew and dropped them off right afterward, since they turned me around in ~30 minutes on an insanely busy Saturday morning.

3 Likes

were you able to get the refund on AudiCare - I got denied