2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe MSRP $60275 $500 Deposit $379/mo

Thanks Matt. I was assuming only the lease (short term) vs buying (long term) it. I missed the context of flipping.

@BYGFEET Was ACQUISITION FEE waived in your deal? (typically it is $895).

Also it is surprising that you got the 2nd order delivered first. Also do you mind sharing configuration of two wranglers you have ordered? Does model & configuration play a role in overall delivery time?

Thanks.

Typically it is $595 unless itā€™s marked up.

ok, in case of Clutch deals/calculators, I saw it listed as $895.

1 Like

Thereā€™s been much debate over if CCAP is charging higher in some cases or if the dealer is marking it up. There doesnā€™t seem to be a solid conclusion either way. Some people have gotten different prices on two 4xes through the same dealer, which would point more towards it being ccapā€™s doing, but hard to say.

Thereā€™s a waiver for CA on the acquisition fee for 36 months last and this month tooā€¦

This Rubicon was base-only option was Remote Start and OWL tiresā€¦

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4JJXR69NW191262

Sahara was Hard Top-body color, all the options except Tow package checked, $60K for November MSRP ($62K on sticker)

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4JJXP60NW115366

Is this $379 deal replicatable?

Nobody knowsā€¦it could be, check this thread out and order oneā€¦ by the time yours comes in rates may change

1 Like

When you one pay and pay upfront for a lease your at risk of loosing all that money when you drive off the lot and get into a car accident a week later and your new car gets totaled! No one will pay you back you eat all of that money! I know it sounds good to save a good chunk of money when you make a one payment, but you should really think about it! I didnā€™t know that for the longest time and then when somebody explained it to me, it makes a lot of sense! You could be the best driver in the world but there are some idiots out there!
I put nothing down when I lease!

A one-pay is not a cap-cost reduction. The money is held like an escrow account and taken out each month. It is pro-rated in a totaled accident.

2 Likes

This is not what happens.

Someone gave you incorrect information if thats what they said happens on a one pay.

3 Likes

Yah, I heard about this car-total scenario.
I know that CCAP finance has GAP insurance included as part of lease. Does GAP insurance cover this scenario? Any comments from experts?

GAP does not recover cap cost reduction. Down payments are used as a cap cost reduction. A one-pay is not a cap cost reduction. GAP is included with CCAP and will cover the negative balance between market value of the car and the loan balance if there is one.

In a single pay, you are returned a prorated portion of your single pay, based on how far into the lease you are.

Weā€™d have to dive into the language a bit more to sort out how they handle an overage if the market value is high. I havenā€™t seen that worked out in detail on a single pay.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood what ā€œsomebodyā€ explained to youā€¦ you are confusing a Down Payment vs One Pay leaseā€¦ on a down payment you would lose that money.
On a One Pay as @Gearhead and @mllcb42 mentioned-the captive has that One Pay in a trust and they pull money every month to satisfy the lease, it is a great way to save money on the interest portion of your lease and then some, if one can afford to pay everything at onceā€¦you do however get a prorated portion of that trust money back if car is totaled.

4 Likes

Good to know!

A post was merged into an existing topic: HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I think you should edit your original post to include the $500 broker fee. The $1800 (shipping + broker fee) comes out to an additional $50/mo meaning your payment is actually $429/mo.

1 Like

Additionally, you paid $1300 (ship)+$500 (broker fee).

The $1332 (Reg/Title) fee, is it included in the doc fee of $444 that is quoted in the clutch post? It is confusing.

When I check calculator, I see it will cost me close to $16.5k to lease a 60k 4xe (10% tax rate). If I have to pay an extra $1332, that makes it even more expensive.

Even at $17.8k over 36 months you have an effective payment under $500 on a $60K+ vehicle.

If you can swing it, you could elect a one pay as well. This will likely save you ~$2,500 over the term of the lease.

Also worth noting, Wranglers historically hold their value very well. Meaning youā€™ll likely have positive equity at lease end.

1 Like