2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

Thank you ! Interesting I see a lot of Bolt EUVs listed for sale in the Bay Area but my friend said she has been waiting “6 months” ? I wonder if any of those listed for sale are really available and whether folks are getting MSRP discounts bc there’s no tax credit right now. Anyhoo, I told them to call around this weekend before they take action in December when their car arrives. I hope that was good advice and don’t waste their time. I am tempted to reach out to Chevy sales people on the Forum too. Any thoughts ?

I was able to find MSRP bolt near los angeles, no additional markups at all. Maybe the inventory is getting better? Still deciding if that’s what wife wants.

@Gearhead , thanks for all of your help.

I understand Uber does not stack with Supplier, but I see that Uber stacks with Health/Education. To clarify: does Uber stack with College, but not Educator? I see in your later post that Uber does not stack with Educator: 2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash - #205 by Gearhead

It sounds like the best deal is Uber or Supplier with Costco and College (not Educator nor Health); is this correct?

Not sure as these incentives were from July.

1 Like

Need some help. My 2023 Bolt EUV just arrived at the dealership. They want me to take delivery after 1/1/23 to get the new rebate towards the lease. Does GMF pass this along to the leasee? Multiple online sources say different things about the amount of credit one gets with the $7500 rebate. I was hoping to combine this with costco $500, first responder $500, and NJ Charge up $4000.

It was reported this week that the new battery rules will not take effect on 1/1/2023, but will be delayed until at least March. So the Bolt should qualify for a $7,500 tax credit on a purchase in January. It is still unclear if leases will qualify for any tax credit.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/us-release-ev-tax-credit-battery-minerals-component-rule-march-2022-12-19/

1 Like

Is it a possibility we get $7500 off the already lowered price on 23!

Is that a question? It looks like you can if you meet all other qualifications, but remember this is for purchases only.

I was under the impression that the $7500 could be utilized towards a lease as well. Where did you see these guidelines so I can understand what to do now.

It does not appear that the section 30 tax credit (which is what the delay on regulations is) has a means of applying to a lease.

The section 45 business tax credit may be able to be claimed by the lessor and then they may decide to pass on an incentive, but there is no obligation for themcto do so and it’s far from determined if it will apply to leased vehicles.

Long story short, until GM financial themselves are actually offering an incentive, there is no tax credit for a lease.

1 Like

I need to contact GMF and see if theyre going to be passing along the rebate or not. If not anyone here is welcome to a Bolt EUV in NJ and can have my order.

I guarantee you that they wont have an answer to that question

3 Likes

So my understanding of this is, if this does happen and there is a delay, you would need to purchase your car between January 1st in March in order to qualify. Does that sound about right?

It might be January 4th or something like that if GM’s incentives expire shortly after the new year.

1 Like

OK. You just wrote what I was thinking. The incentives will carry over a few days into January and then expire. That’s has usually been the case.

Would this apply to 22 and 23 models so long as they are purchased on January 1 or after?

You can check the incentives on specific years/models on autobytel

The current programs end 1/3/2023.

I appreciate that. I know for current Bolt lessees there is $3,750 and $6300 plus some other incentives on 22 models that are not on 23s though. If you can add the $7500 tax incentives you are taking some serious discounts!

But doesn’t that just get you down to the price of the ‘23?

1 Like

Yes: the trunk money on the 22 gets you to the 23 MSRP. They are both equally tax credit eligible (again) after 1/1/23

1 Like