2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

So based upon everything known at the moment is Jan 1/2 the best time to buy? Get the fed tax credit plus the $500 Costco that’s expiring? For lease conquest what documentation is usually needed?

Jan 1/2 are both holidays. Are dealers usually open those days?

Incentives end 1/3, so new incentives start 1/4. One can take delivery 1/1-1/3 and it is fine.

1 Like

Lol dealers dont consider new years as a holiday for sales

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/gm-recalls-140000-chevrolet-bolt-evs-over-fire-risks-2022-12-21/

I wonder if Chevy will put a stop sale on the Bolt. A conspiracy theorist might wonder if the recall is buying them time to figure out how to take advantage of the IRA delay of mineral requirements. :thinking:

I’ll take one for another VIN swap. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Does anyone know if you can stack supplier discount with uber discount?

You can not. I believe you can stack supplier with Costco.

Thank you xxx

My dealer is letting me stack only Costco with Uber; Supplier, College and First Responder would not stack with Uber. My delivery is scheduled for Jan 2.

If my brother is eligible for a Supplier discount am I able to use it (with the friend and family program) if he hasn’t bought a GM car yet? It appears like he has to use it first…

He has to buy one that year first.

1 Like

Does one get extra 7500 off MSRP in Jan/23 on these cars for purchase?

They should qualify for a $7,500 federal tax credit starting today, assuming you meet the income limitations. The expectation is that the $7,500 will be reduced (probably to $3,750) after the Government issues guidance on batteries in March.

1 Like

If you purchase, you can file for it back on your taxes, assuming you meet the income requirements. It doesnt get just pulled off the msrp though.

2 Likes

So still not sure what to do. I do not want to buy the car, only lease it. It’s clearly available for the $7500 federal but i am not sure if that goes to the lease. I wanted to stack that with first responder, Costco, and NJ charge up. The dealer doesn’t even know anything about the $7500 and how it applies to leases. So lost. May just give it up if someone wants a Bolt EUV in NJ.

The dealer came apply $7,500 to the lease. It only happens if leasing arm pass through that credit. Last two years barely any of them were doing it.
Customer wasn’t getting rebate from a leasing company which in turn just let the rebate.
So I’m that case dealership isn’t wrong.

I was under the impression GMF previously applied the credit towards a lease. That’s the reason I ordered the car. I’m gonna end up declining delivery if this is the case

The dealer isnt involved in the $7500.

On a purchase, you handle it on your taxes. The dealer isnt involved.

On a lease, the bank claims the tax credit and may or may not choose to pass on an equivalent incentive. The dealer has no say in the matter.

Guidance was just given a couple days ago that allows the tax credit to be claimed by the lessor for 2023. It will take a little bit of time for companies to update their new programs and decide if theyll be passing on an incentive on leasing or not. Until they do that, the dealership has no way of knowing which way the wind will blow.

Long story short, for a lease, you need to wait and see if the bank decides to offer an incentive or not.

1 Like

Thank you. So I guess I am waiting to see what GMF will do with the credit? I see no point to lease the car if i can not obtain the full credit. I assume calling GMF won’t yield any progress either then.