2020 Subaru Outback Lease Check

The salesman is probably right in that Subaru doesn’t do pull aheads. They exist, just for other brands.

It’s just my personal preference, if a car is over $300/mo, it better have a turbo or be a 6 cylinder. But I haven’t had a payment over $300 in awhile.

1 Like

have any advice on how I can get a Limited for around or under $300 then?

Hence I don’t drive Subaru’s, just wait until your lease and up and try again. No reason to roll $2k in now

I appreciate it thank you so much!

Hi Have number from a dealer for 2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT (sorry I am new here so can’t post a new thread)

MSRP - 42,096
Sale Price - 38,921
MF - 0.00115
Lease term - 36 month
Millage - 12k per year
Drive off amount - 1183.45
Residual - 24,836 (59% at 12K)

Monthly payment - $481.77 plus tax.

Personally I think this is not a good deal but please let me know what I can negotiate on this and what would be a good payment for this car.

Thanks,

That is only about a 7.5% off of MSRP I would definitely shoot for upwards of 9-10%. It will take some really hard pushing. Also have you compared the MF to the actual MF? you can find this on Edmunds…I only say this because what they are showing you seems high…Otherwise everything else seems good. I would say you should be able to get them in the $300’s but I could be wrong…Also if you are a current chase customer they are offering $750 off your next Subaru…what are you currently driving right now?

I am a chase customer. Currently I am leasing Subaru Forester. Lease is ending this April.

Awesome…https://www.subaru.com/chase-offer-spring2020.html use this link to get the $750 off and also call Subaru of America and explain to them that you have an existing Forester and are looking at getting into the Outback…ask them if they have any loyalty programs…they will offer you $500 and send it to your email…they are super nice and great to deal with…now you have an extra $1250 off…try to get that sales price down a little bit more and look into your MF. hope this all helps!

also remember to keep these incentives in your back pocket until you’ve finished negotiating everything.

ok Sounds good!!

Thanks you so much. Will let you know how I did.

Thanks,
Rahul

Poor deal…sorry.
Do some looking on this site…

Bear

You can aim for 12%+ no problem.

I just scored a Limited XT for my wife for 351(after tax) a month 3k DAS, 36m/15k. MSRP was ~39,500. And that included the wheel, tire and paint less dent removal plan for the life of the car.

Good call on the above poster regarding the two discounts they noted. If you know someone who can get you one, there is also the Subaru Ambassador discount which is another $500. Lastly the Subaru VIP program which has a few partnerships that could potentially get you another $500 off. All of those can be presented after you negotiated your final price with the dealer.

There is also a Subaru lease program you can take advantage of if you are coming from a previous Outback lease. That gets you your first month paid for by Subaru of America and your turn in fee on your existing lease waived.

Keep in mind, the non-turbo charged versions (the 2.5s) are significantly easier to score deals on than the turbocharged XT models.

that is an amazing deal, what was the monthly before those packages were added on? I would ideally love to get the exact same deal that you did

I will see if I can find the sheet. Believe it or not the only discounts I took advantage of were a $500 Ambassador coupon and a $750 incentive from Subaru for this month (might be the same as the Chase one listed above, not sure - it came directly from the dealer but the lease financer is Chase so…).

I found out about the loyalty discount only after we’d signed the paperwork and I didn’t qualify for the VIP coupon. There was definitely more to be saved on that deal so I am kicking myself now.

That deal came down to a great price and top tier credit MF that wasn’t marked up at all. We negotiated the deal pretty hard and shopped it around to a few dealers before one bit that had the green she wanted.image

that is literally EXACTLY what I want…color and all. Do you love it so far?

Also if you could post or send me the sheet that would be much appreciated…you got a killer deal on that beaut.

Here you go. Again, this is not an amazing deal, overall but it’s a pretty damn good one for an XT as they are not discounting them like the 2.5s. Keep in mind, I did not pay that first months payment listed there, that was covered by the program I mentioned above.

My advice is put together a fair deal like this and shop it around at the most high volume dealers in your area.

The problem is, I went to the highest volume in my area (Buffalo) and they gave me a worse deal than the lower volume store…I also reached out to Rochester because they are close (1hour) they gave me a terrible deal (they dont negotiate it is a fixed price for all of their customers, is what they told me) What was the actual sticker price before the $3500 discount? In my eyes that is a pretty spanking deal on that car…I would definitely try to get lower for myself though.