2020 Subaru Outback Lease Check

just left my local Subaru Dealership (WNY)
they gave me these numbers on a Limited 2.5 and Premium 2.5
OTD: Taxes and fees
Outstanding: $2000 in existing lease payments that they will cut me a check for and roll approx. $1000 into the new outback lease. have not told them about the $500 SOA coupon I have nor the $500 in maintenance rebate I have.

just wondering if this is a good deal or not? It does not seem like it. I am waiting to hear back from them but have not given me MF or RV yet.

The residual value is on the quote.

Personally I do not think this is a good deal as it is, but I do not know much about Subaru. I recently leased a BMW X3 for 15K @ 470 a month. I wouldn’t pay that much for a Subaru

Same thought as above. I’d wait for better numbers.

Why roll over payments instead if waiting for end of lease? Unless the manufacturer is paying it the dealer is giving away a new car, you ALWAYS end up paying for it.

I would search on Edmunds and here for other outback deals. I got a new XT limited in december. Not really happy about payment, but it was easy and I like the car.

almost over my mileage would like to get out before I go over or try to not pay a ton in overage mileage. silly me only got 12k miles when I really should’ve gotten 15k…lesson learned. In general I think the outbacks aren’t leasing out well at all right now…

1 Like

You can pay for a lot of overmileage charges for the amount you’ll pay rolling all your payments in to a new vehicle

1 Like

my overage charge is $0.10/mile over…If I carry lease till end then I will probably end up paying approx $700-$800 in overage charges. Should I wait till lease end then?

So you have $2000 in remaining payments that they’re going to roll in and pay tax/interest on. Basically you’d be paying $2400ish to save $700.

2 Likes

From the way they made it sound they would only be rolling in approx. $1000 of my outstanding lease payments into new lease…they weren’t very clear on how it was all going to work out. I have a feeling I will just wait and pay the overage lease mileage.

They lied.

They have no way of making your payments just disappear. They just gave you $1000 less discount and rolled the other half in so it looked like they were doing you a favor.

(Ok, technically if the manufacturer is doing a pull ahead, they can make some payments disappear, but not the dealer.)

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help honestly. My salesman also told me that “pull aheads don’t exist” especially with subaru…not sure how much truth that holds. Looks like I will just run my miles up and take it to the end.

They exist on occasion, but more often with some brands than other. Don’t know that I have heard of one from Subaru ever

2 Likes

I’m going to throw my standard comment out, never pay over $300/mo for a normally aspirated 4 cylinder engine, and never ever pay over $400/mo for one. $0.10/mile is cheap, just keep driving it, that’s much cheaper than what you’re being offered

1 Like

are you referring to me paying over $300 for the outback? the NA 2.5 Limited still has a high Invoice price approx. $32k, not sure how I would be able to get that under $300/month with 15k miles

The salesman is probably right in that Subaru doesn’t do pull aheads. They exist, just for other brands.

It’s just my personal preference, if a car is over $300/mo, it better have a turbo or be a 6 cylinder. But I haven’t had a payment over $300 in awhile.

1 Like

have any advice on how I can get a Limited for around or under $300 then?

Hence I don’t drive Subaru’s, just wait until your lease and up and try again. No reason to roll $2k in now

I appreciate it thank you so much!