2020 Acura TLX - Lease advice

Currently looking at a 2020 Acura TLX - It’s a 2.4L with A-spec package.

Looking to do a 10,000 per year lease with the best terms (probably 36 months)

MSRP: $40,425

I don’t qualify for conquest or loyalty as I have a Jeep.

What kind of discount should I be asking for? I’m in the Atlanta metro area.

Doing some research it looks like there’s $5,800 in total incentives (correct me if i’m wrong)

I would aim for at least 10% off MSRP. Have you searched the “Shared Deals” section to see what others have paid for this car?

You should post on the Edmunds Forum requesting the RV, MF and incentives on this car.

Good luck.

I did post on Edmunds and waiting for a reply - the numbers I saw on there are for June. Not sure the difference between July.

Also - is it reasonable to expect a dealership to match the Carvana trade-in price? Carvana is about $1,000 higher than KBB. Or will they use KBB and just take the rest off the car? (aka play with the numbers)

What I have done in the past is negotiate the new vehicle without any mention of the trade in and then at the end saying "here is my trade in. This is what carvana offered. If you can beat their offer, it’s yours. If not, no worries "

1 Like

Do you plan to get a check for your trade in? Is the car paid off? If not, how much do you owe on it? In any case, NEVER use money from the trade-in as a down payment/cap cost reduction.

Based on what Carvana offered i’m about $1,000 under water. I have no problem cutting a $1,000 check.

On Edmunds they confirmed that it’s 51% RV with 0.0050 MF and $5,800 in incentives.

The “dealer fee” here is $695 and the aquisition fee per the Acura website is $595

MSRP: $40,425
Discount: 10% = $4,042
Rebates: $5,800
Selling price: $30,583

Add in: $595 aquisition
Add in: $695 dealer fee
Add in: $500 (estimated tag

Total cap cost = $32,373

GA 7% tax on payments = $682

Residual value = $20,616

Monthly payment = $372
DAS = 1st month

Would this be a solid deal? Or should I be able to get more than 10% off MSRP on the TLX?

Have you researched any of the TLX deals on this forum?

@Strz negotiated a heck of a TLX deal late last year, 28.8% total discount. Not sure what the Dealer Cash was at the time so I don’t know what his pre-incentive discount was. @Strz knows his way around a TLX deal so hopefully he can weigh in.

I have followed RDX deals and can tell you I have seen a June deal at 10.9% pre-incentive and an Oct '19 deal at 10.7%. Pushing to 11% maybe possible. Otherwise 10% looks like a very good RDX pre-incentive target, it should extend to the TLX as well.

What are your thoughts on leveraging the redesigned TLX coming this fall to get an aggressive deal?

Good luck.

This deal was signed back in April but the buyer got 10% off MSRP pre-incentives. Btw, dealer incentives were $8700: 2020 acura tlx a spec fwd $40,425.

Here is how one member broke down the above deal I posted:

You can surely ask for more than 10% off MSRP, but you need a deal sheet or lease quote first.

Yes I have and 10-12% off is what most have been getting over the past few months. Just not sure if the market is more favorable now since in 2 months the new 2021 TLX rolls out.

If you don’t ask you won’t know whether that discount is possible in today’s market.

My money is on nycsimone posting her/his 13% pre-incentive deal on here in the next 4 weeks.

Homework CHECK
Game Plan CHECK
Negotiator Mindset CHECK
Willing Dealer TBD

That’s the purpose of this post. Yes, i’ve send out a few emails to dealerships. So far 1 replied with a $500 discount off MSRP (LOL!). I’m looking to get into something in the next 30 days or so. New July numbers will post on July 7th for Acura and with the new model coming out in September i’m thinking there’s good deals to be had.

Suggestion: Today, a great deal requires on-hand inventory. Most dealers (any badge) are light and my GUESS is Acura dealers have been working down TLX stock in anticipation of fall redesign launch.

Wrap your head around inventory level at your target dealers and how you should reflect inventory position in to your offer/counter strategy.

Good deals yes but IMO they will require direct dealer cash or a dealer willing to absolutely drop his pants to facilitate a great deal, so I’d be patient if you have the time. I have never seen a clearance sale with Acura like the other makes run. I don’t think they have the dealer volume bonuses like other makes.

FYI AFS also leases demos now with less than 5k miles…you may be able to hit your target on that.

I may have to look at some dealers up in the DC-NY corridor. Their dealership fees are lower so that would cover the cost of a one way plane ticket and gas back to Georgia. They seem to have quite a bit more inventory up there anyways.

Is Acura one of those weird brands that doesn’t allow those out of state to purchase?

Ok first deal sheet is in…

$40,425 discounted down to $29,925 without me even trying. So this is a great number. The problem is that the numbers don’t add up. I get $325 per month using 51% RV and 0.0050 MF.

The $600 tax fee is the tax paid upfront on the payments (thats how GA does it)

They’re clearly fudging the numbers.

You should find out what RV and MF the dealer is using. Can you share a link to your calculator?

Money factor markup? Share the Calc, I’ll take a peak. Gotta remember, there are a lot of ways to make money off a lease, markups, add ons, etc.