2019 Range Rover Velar

My first post here. You guys are awesome !

So finally found the car I was looking for and now don’t know if the deal I’m getting is good enough. Also, this is my first time leasing so I could really use your help

2019 Range Rover Velar P250 R-Dynamic

**MSRP: $63,338
**Selling Price: $60,901 ( dealer says this is the invoice price and can’t get any lower than this on this model)
**Monthly Payment: $780 (including tax based on tire 2 credit)
**Cash Due at Signing: $4000
** spring rebate : 2k

**Months: 36 months
**Annual Mileage:10,000

Dealer in Southern California.

https://www.landrovercerritos.com/new/Land+Rover/2019-Land+Rover-Range+Rover+Velar-cerritos-ca-59b7270e0a0e0ae857d06db596842e30.htm

Would really appreciate opinions and input. This is my dream car and I really want itPreformatted text

Anybody with inputs?

Is this a decent enough lease deal ?

I would suggest trying to apply the JLR PIN deal. My dealership stacked both the 2k rebate and the 1k PIN. Look at my post explaining how to get it.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/jlr-pin-1k-offer-tip/111114

This is it!

At my sons friends birthday party at a sports complex and I see this…I want.

1 Like

No, it’s not a great deal. They can drop the price lower.

2 Likes

They keep saying it’s the invoice price and get get any lower ! How do I counter this argument ?

What MF are they using? If you’re tier 2 credit rating then this is probably costing you more to finance the lease. 5% discount plus incentives is nothing special, especially for Socal.

Effectively $900 p/m for a 4 banger, no matter how nice the metal, is expensive. Have you tried other dealers?

1 Like

Yes, I guess I need to negotiate better- this was the lowest per month deal I got in all of SoCal.

Based on what factors can I negotiate a better deal?

You’re unlucky with your timing, there were great deals on Velars from around Sept 2018 onwards especially on ex-loaners and demos but I haven’t seen many deals recently.

If I were in your shoes I would double check that LR can’t bump you up a credit tier, some manufacturers can do that but I don’t know if LR can. What’s your credit score at the moment? @Bostoncarconcierge might know about this as he’s done a lot of LR deals. Hopefully he can chime in on this.

Second thing I’d do is use cargurus.com, search for the vehicle types and sort by Oldest Listings and target the oldest vehicles with the spec you like. I’d then sort them by highest mileage and try and find any loaners/demos with less than 5000 miles. The oldest vehicles and the loaners/demos are where you’ll likely get the best deals. Beyond that there are plenty of brokers here that could help you save some money too probably.

1 Like

They cant, it’s surprisingly purely based on score.

1 Like

I’d say LR/Jag is dead as far as leasehackr worthy deals until 1 of 3 things happen:

1. New Jaguar XE is going to be INSANELY nice, and it’ll lease really well.

2. I-Paces (all electric Tesla Model X competitor) aren’t selling that well, I’d assume they’re going to slap a crazy incentive on it soon.

3. The new evoque (like a nicer baby velar), when MF lowers and it retains the 65%ish residual

So this is the deal I’m getting on 2019 Velar S.

Would love to hear your reviews.

**Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2019 Range Rover velar S
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator:

**MSRP: $61400
**Selling Price: $55200
**Monthly Payment: $737
**Cash Due at Signing: $1490
MSD:
Incentives:

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:10000
MF:
Residual:

**Region:SoCal
**Leasehackr Score:8.3

Gross

Especially for an S w a low MSRP

Paging @ethanrs - get this guy a better deal!

2 Likes

Velar weighs 5,490 lbs that is 2.75 tons with just a 2.0L 4cyl engine! Have you actually driven the Velar on a freeway? Have you considered a Mercedes GLC?

1 Like

How can I negotiate the price lower?

You can’t. That’s a fat discount on a new Velar. That’s all front end and nearly all backend money wiped out. Probably packing some rate but they don’t really have a reason to net it out unless it’s a diesel or old inventory. Velars just don’t lease that well anymore unfortunately. :confused:

So the Velar D180 leases well? If so, I’ll try for one. Had decided on an X3 m40i, but the Velar was another option.

So would you say this is as good as it’ll get on this car in SoCal and its decent enough to sign the lease?