2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid $120pm & $2,300 DAS

Did you include the $50 (I think $40 now) test drive gift card for post sale rebate

hi I am a newbie so this might sound like a dumb question but is there anyway I can tell the dealer to lower the MSRP because on truecar the trueprice valued the MSRP at 22736 and on Edmunds it’s 24912 but the dealer saying it’s 26485 and these are all the same exact model
What should I do?

If you’re trying to lease, negotiating a lower Selling Price
(I think that’s what you’re suggesting when you say lower MSRP) is only 1 component of the calculation.

Please read the “Leasing 101” and other articles and familiar yourself with all the key components of a lease to not get taken a ride for.

Also, MSRPs are pointless when negotiating a car deal.

MSRP is set by the manufacturer. I think Truecar & Edmunds is suggesting the avg. “selling price” which can vary alot based on many factors.

Doing research and understanding all the key factors of a car deal is the only way to make sure you’re getting a good/great deal.

1 Like

Agreed, Dealer Fees is “negotiable” just like any other component of a car deal (unlike the states where they’re set by law).

I use the dealer fee as a preparation tool to see how my negotiations are going to go. Higher dealer “doc” fees more negotiating.

That’s one way to do it. I just find it easier to do my research to find out my target out the door (incl tax & fees) and just negotiate that instead of negotiating in stages (i.e. - Selling price 1st, then doc fees, and so on).

1 Like

Did they agree to your “Make an offer”? How much less was it than what they wanted?

At the time in December, they were listed at $132 with $2,300 DAS. I offered in the app $113, DAS was the same. Could not offer lower as app prevented that. Counteroffer was $120 which I accepted.

Here is the write up in another thread

Which dealership offers this? I’m in CT and trying to find this deal.

Yes, totally see you point. Since I was doing this in RODO app - you can’t negotiate parts of the deal except for payment.
The question was would the dealership hold up to the offer accepted in the app.
How they got their it was their problem.

Starting blowing up deal just because the fee was $700 was not the point of the test.

I am new here. What app should I be using?

RODO app on the playstore or app store

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

So far they’ve only declined my offers without making a counteroffer

So what starting point in the app and what was the offered?
Also which dealerships? I see cars being offered from two different dealership - you can see that by the distance from you.

That was in RODO app

In the app, its offering $116/M with $2478 DAS for 36/12. The lowest it allows me to make an offer is $100 with same DAS. They just reject it. Then I’ll try going up a dollar or two the next time. It takes awhile for Dealer to get back though to your offer

1 Like

Try to put the numbers in the calculator.

If DAS is 1st payment, fees and no DP, $116 with tax is in the ballpark.

@Lvs23 received CT rebate of $500 and paid $500 DP so you’ll have to account for that if you’re not in CT or don’t have a DP.

1 Like

If i was them and recognized your account i would reject you even over asking. A dollar at a time?! Are you fricking kidding me?!

1 Like

Its called negotiating.They’re supposed to comeback with a counteroffer and I would meet somewhere in the middle. We’re only discussing a total difference of $16/Month.

Ok, don’t fall off the chair laughing but apparently RODO does offer referral links where both people get $50 each but ONLY if you get a car through an app.
So I’m going to post mine because why the heck not! Sorry. Had to for Friday laughs.
On the other hand, every big helps just like a $50 gift card for a test drive to lower the cost of the lease!
RODO get $50, receive $50 - https://refer.rodo.com/vyacheslav

Well I know what you are saying, but when you low ball too much they won’t take you seriously.

Negotiating is a 2 way street, they won’t counter if they think you’re not negotiating in good faith.