Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

They have a slider which you can adjust to only first months due at signing.

Jump on it,what do you have to lose. You owe them nothing untill they deliver the car and you sign on dotted line,and even if you change your mind and they deliver the car you can say you changed your mind! Using a broker if they don’t charge you a finder’s fee,I’m not against that. THERES SOME GREAT leasing places in Brooklyn. Wheels to lease,leasing direct,plaza auto leasing. Can’t go wrong with these guys. Just stating my opinion.

Paying an effective 400/mo for a 33k Forester is not something I would suggest “jumping on.” It’s a terrible deal.

“What do you have to lose?” A fair amount of money.

He said was best price so far?

He’d be better served hiring a broker then, and paying the broker fee. He’d still come out ahead.

Ok, here is my latest experience.

Found Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid at decent starting price of $133pm and $2,294 DAS for 36/12. Liked the deal to save into my “garage” of deal. That’s where you get an option to “make your offer”. System told me that $113 was too low and didn’t accept it. So I submitted $114.

Took a day for the dealership to respond with $120pm, same DAS. That was Friday Jan 2nd supposedly last day of the month and next day all numbers should change.

I accepted counter offer at 11am. Had some back and forth with CS via their online chat and then they also called me.
But they still could not “confirm availability” that same day. Still don’t understand why since that was actual counter offer from the dealership.

So I though, we’ll that was just the same as before. But they read here that all Hyundai deals were extended till the 6th.

Got a call from Rodo next day saying just like before they can’t confirm, having issues with dealership, and we’re trying to sell Limited. Lucky for me I saw another Base pop up that day at different dealership. Now Rodo shows mileage to the dealership from your sim code so you can approximate what car are from same/different dealership and how far from you.

The guy on the phone said that he found the car I’m seeing in app and will try to get it. About an hour later car got confirmed in the app with the same structure as first agreed.

I uploaded all requested docs - DL, short credit app. Got a call from Rodo conforming pick up date. Still have not seen actual contract and expected shenanigans at dealership.

Showed up at dealership. Contact person was actually SM. I was expected and FI guy was open. My deal was loaded on screen and top line numbers as agreed in app.

As we went through all paperwork and got to the actual contract I saw that they setup the deal differently that what was portrayed in the app. Decided not to argue since my total cost of the lease was exactly as I expected.

FI guy didn’t push any add-ons, not even stupid VIM etch fee.

I asked them to show me how the deal would look line of rolled everything in and the got stupid showing $199pm while it should have been $187ish. Told them to go back to original and we will sign that. App unfortunately doesn’t have the ability to change the deal after placing an order. You can do that before placing order but not after. And dealership started playing games.

Below how the deal was supposed to look like based on Rodo app deal review

As a comparison point - I tried to to get same car from their other store and the quote was $110pm with $4,434 total DAS.

Link to the deal will add shortly since typing this on my phone.

6 Likes

Hi Experts,

Absolute newbie here.

What is least amount of information I should seek from RODO to use the LeaseHackr calculator effectively?

MSRP
MF
Residual
Monthly
Tax (I can calculate that)
Incentives applied? I am not sure how to ask for those.

Cheers,
Yash.

RODO won’t give you answers but you can cobble together Leasehackr calc using Rodo order details to understand dealership fees, DMV reg, total discount applied. From edmunds forums you can know RV, MF and rebates. Enough info to input into calc

1 Like

Does rodo run your credit as soon as you submit it in app? Or do they only run credit once they confirm availability of the car?

My understanding is initially when you first register, they do a soft pull. And once you decide to go through with it and submit all necessary documents, the Dealership will do a hard pull.

Got it.
Thanks.

I have only one inquiry from the dealership itself as expected but there reports sometime ago that wasn’t the case.

I registered to see how they fare against my research and found that they matched pretty closely in one case (Toyota Corolla SE with SE Premium package) to the deal being offered here on Leasehackr. In case of Kia Forte, they were way off.

Overall, I’d say that it doesn’t hurt to check with them with some caveats:

1. They don’t have luxury cars - I looked for BMW, Audi and Volvo and they didn’t have any
  2. They do a soft credit pull so I was little apprehensive but I thought it is risk worth taking
  3. Of course, as others have reported - a displayed deal doesn’t mean that it’ll be honored or the dealer won’t try to screw you
  4. The app assumes that you are buying for yourself. In my case, I was looking for myself and my daughter, and there was no way to see how things will change for my daughter (she lives in Socal and I am in Norcal)

One thing I liked was that they allowed to pick optional packages

I get the luxury cars in my area (northern NJ)

THEY DO HAVE VOLVO, I have been looking at the XC90.

I got 2 cars from Honcker(now RODO) in 2017, had NO problems. I think that uf there were an issues it was not RODO but unscrupulous car dealers.

Available makes/models will of course differ by location

What brands they have is region specific as to what dealer is signed up to their network. Some people will see Volvo, some will not, depends if the local dealer is signed up.

So I put on a low ball offer on a Bolt and the dealer came back marginally higher, and it seems like a pretty good deal to me based on other dealers I’ve been negotiating with. I see I have to send my info for credit, but wondering if/when the hard pull goes through. I want to see the dealer’s paperwork and everything needed to sign before they pull credit, so not sure what the risk is providing at this stage. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I’m looking for Subaru Ascent, it’s actually my very first time lease, so I’ve decided to check Rodo/Honcker. I’ve found a few deals on Ascent Touring trim, and also contacted a few dealerships nearby. The result is kinda puzzling. I’m trying to figure out if those deals in Rodo are pure BS. It’d be really great to have somebody’s expert opinion on that, cause I feel that monthly payment is suspiciously low for Touring given the response from dealerships.

P.S. I forgot to mention, I’m in Bay Area.

Thanks.