2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum - Los Angeles - $498

I worked with Tony at Culver City Volvo to get a lease on my Pine Grey/Charcoal T5 Momentum for $545 including tax, $498 before tax. I searched for months for the perfect combo of features and scoured Leasehackr for tips on how to get the lowest price. I really couldn’t have done it without you guys so I’m posting my information in hopes I can help someone else:

2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum with Bowers & Wilkins upgrade, Convenience, Advanced and Vision Packages, 20 inch Momentum Wheels:

**MSRP: $52,990
**Selling Price: $47,320.97 (adjusted cap cost of $48,395.97)
**Monthly Payment: $545 including tax
**Down Payment: $0
**MSD: $5,500 (Maxed out the 10 MSDs at $550/each)
**Incentives: Costco deal + $1154.75 off

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 7,500
**MF: .00009
**Residual: $30,734.20

**Zip Code: 90039
**Leasehackr Score: 8.8

I also traded in my 2015 Nissan Juke lease that had $600 left in payments. It didn’t have any equity and I was glad to not have to deal with the lease dropoff charges with Nissan. We actually previously negotiated to $540 but got it back up to $545 after they looked at the Nissan’s equity information. Not the greatest LeaseHackr deal but the packages on the T5 were extremely rare in the LA area so the $5 lost was definitely worth it. Also note that I’m new to Volvo’s and am using the lease as a safe test trial period. I’m hoping to buy this car after the lease so getting a car I could drive for 10+ years was imperative. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new XC60! It’s definitely worth it!

2 Likes

Sharp looking car, congrats!

@nyclife Thank you! I’ve definitely noticed you on the forum. What do you think, from your broker perspective? Think there could’ve been some wiggle room on my deal?

Maybe a little bit, but don’t get yourself hung up over it – Enjoy the car!!

1 Like

Pine gray, looks very nice!!

1 Like

@nyclife Ahhh thank you! I’m definitely going to. :grinning:

@MrRich Thank you! It was between this or a White Inscription, and I prefer the understated elegance of the Pine Grey.

That residual looks low. Wow 60% with 7.5k for 36 months. Looks like Volvos have stopped leasing well.

@vhooloo Well, that depends. I worked the math out as someone who wants to own it and wanted to stay liquid and minimize monthly payments. Worked pretty well for me, but I see how it wouldn’t work for traditional hackers.

And yes, that’s the residual. Was looking at my contract when I made the post.

What are you talking about? You forgot that couple of years ago or even last year RVs were in low 50s on 36/10 Volvos? 60% is great for Volvo, they’ve never been in the 60s on 36 months, as far as I remember.

2 Likes

@Ursus @vhooloo technically it’s 57% lol

Actually that is a pretty good residual for 36 months.

1 Like

Good looking car (and I don’t typically say that about SUVs)!

1 Like

@max_g Thank you! I agree!

Thanks for sharing. Looking to talk to Volvo this month about a xc60 myself!

1 Like

@Jws Go for it! Prices are definitely starting to drop. I’m sure they’ll be good around Memorial Day and definitely in June for Midsummer. I just couldn’t wait, haha.

1 Like

New to Leasehackr, and coming up on my 2nd lease ever. Pretty new to the game, so go easy on me!

I’m also in LA area, and Culver City + Santa Monica locations would be easiest for me. I’m looking to get:

XC60 T5 AWD
Convenience, Advanced, Vision packages
Prefer Osmium/Pine exterior or a maroon/blonde interior (but not critical)
Have Costco membership
Can max out the MSD
36mo/7500 or 10k

Building my “ideal” car on Volvo’s site, I end up with
MSRP $50,395
Destination Fee $995

Can you explain how the Costco deal + A Plan discounts work? Is it as simple as 50,395 - 3000 - 750 - whatever other negotiations I can make? A good deal is ~10% off MSRP?

Thanks!

It’s Costco or A-Plan. They are identical and result in the same discounts/incentives. On the XC60, I think it’s just an extra $750 incentive right now, not $3k.

Awesome, go straight to Tony Tehrani the Internet Sales Manager at Culver City if that’s where you choose to go. I talked to SM but they sucked. Tony was incredibly straightforward and easily the best salesman I met after doing 2 other leases in the last 6 months for my mom and husband…

I know for sure that the Osimium Grey T5 with Maroon interior that’s like $53k has been there since I got my car almost 2 months ago so you may be able to get a killer deal on that particular car. It’s stacked! It’s got the B&W audio which was a must for me. I almost got that one but preferred the Pine Grey/Charcoal for $1k less.

The Costco deal is pretty good, but you can probably negotiate even further from the Costco deal, which is what I did. Start by signing up on Costcoauto.com and registering for the deal. They’ll give you a code and the nearest participating dealer. I know CC Volvo is one, not sure if SM is but I think it is as well. Then email Tony (ttehrani@culvercityvolvo.com) with a couple links to cars you’re considering. Tell him you have the Costco deal and he’ll give you the Costco price.

Hackrs suggest getting 10% off even before the Costco deal but that’s hard. A good deal would be 1% of the MSRP monthly, with all the rebates/deals/negotiations considered. 1% after tax is amazing, but before tax is solid too. If you go for that 53k car, you can probably get it down to $45, $46k all in. Get it down to negotiations as much as possible before you walk in the door, you’ll prob be at like $530 or less. Wait til you’re in the dealership to even bring up MSDs, just make it seem like you’re looking for a true zero down offer. They’d be more willing to negotiate further if they don’t know you know about MSDs. I mentioned MSDs too early and lost out on a few bucks there I think… Make sure you know what the Money Factor and Residual Values should be to make sure they don’t mark that up but they were very transparent with me on that.

Also, don’t go in on a Saturday. It’s a small dealership and you may be stuck waiting if you do… Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes, I’ll be happy to help!

1 Like

You say that LeaseHackrs suggest 10% off, which is hard to get, but then you suggest 12-14% off? :thinking: