2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum - Los Angeles - $498

Well 10% off $53k+ before deals is $48k-ish…the Costco deal is employee pricing + $750 off so it’s something like $4k off (I don’t quite remember), so that would be like ~$44k if you did 10% off before additional promotions. This would be very tough on most other XC60s except one where a dealer has more motivation to sell.

I believe I implied that that particular $53k car has been sitting for more than 3 months so that’s where he can get a really good deal. This may not happen if it’s a brand new car at a lower price or popular trim/option level. A $53k Momentum is a bit much since that’s T6 or T5 Inscription pricing, so that’s why it’s been sitting so long. I didn’t want to get too specific but here I am…

Costco/A-plan deal is 6% off MSRP + $750 off. That isn’t on top of whatever discount you negotiate. Users on here say to negotiate 10% off, then apply the $750 off.

I see, I must have read the advice wrong then. There are some people definitely negotiating 10% off before other incentives, like on the S90 and other sedans, though.

This is why I think the 1% rule is much clearer for beginners. I am definitely not a Trusted Hackr lol, just trying to teach what I’ve learned in a few short months on this forum! Either way, I still think my advice is still pretty solid. I guess it’s just the Internet Way to nitpick…

I’ve seen a lot of people getting 13-14% on XC60/90 (non-T8) not including the Costco $750 Rebate (+$250 GC). Note that the $2000 dealer incentive is baked into the 13-14%, most people seem to misunderstand that.

1 Like

Throwing out the 13-14% off is the confusing part.
Volvo deals are simple.
Try to get 10% off msrp as the dealer discount. Then to that add whatever incentives volvo is offering then and the A plan $750 for the suv.

1 Like

Would you say the 10% off is inclusive of registration and fees? Or just the price of the car?

FWIW, before fees, my car was $47,321, about 10.7% before the additional $750.

So on a $53,890 MSRP…
$48,501 (10% off starting) then - dealer incentive $2,000 - $750 Costco =
$45,751 target price?

Or you think the ~$2,750 of discounts will be baked into the $48,501 number?

Are you sure there is $2k dealer incentive on the XC60 in SoCal? I only see it on the XC90.

shoot you’re right…its $1,000 on the xc60.

so is my target price $46,751? roughly 13%, but understand that that’s a long shot and likely closer to $48,000 more realistic

I actually don’t see any dealer incentive on the XC60. Where are you seeing the $1k?

Anecdotally, when I looked at the xc60 in April my local dealer told me there was $2k in factory money in NER but using the Volvo payment estimator was only showing $1k. The online tool may not account for regional differences?

they all list -$1,000

also…i have about 1 month left on my fully loaded mazda cx-5 gt, and i’m 10,000mi under. would this help if they paid off last payment to reduce cost?

especially if i went to culver city volvo, because the dealership also has a mazda branch on the same lot…

You can get them to pay your last payment or buy the car out. Check to see what your car’s KBB is worth if you are 10k miles under. It might be more valuable than the payout… CC purchased my Nissan Juke lease that was 10k under the allotted mileage as well. The residual value was inflated so I came out even although i was 10k miles under, but I didn’t have to pay lease ending fees or deal with Nissan ever again so it was a win/win for me!

Looks like that’s a SM only offer; CC has the $1k off as a Loyalty Incentive. You can probably get them to honor SM’s additional $1k offer though. $46,751 is a very doable final price on that car. It may take some time to haggle but you could get it.

VOSM savings (Volvo of Santa Monica) is probably the dealer discount, which is pathetic.

Culver City has a $1,000 cash allowance offer. You think I can get CC to do the $2,000 ($1,000 + match VOSM $1,000)? So back to $45,751?

Thoughts on starting off with SM…seeing what they can do, mention 10 MSDs, $0 down, Costco deal, then take that offer to CC with all that, and offer back my Mazda which could help since that Volvo dealership also runs a Mazda one on the same lot?

KBB private party value = $25,992
KBB trade-in value = $22,695

Have to call Mazda to figure out my buy-out - is it worth the hassle of buying out and trying to sell vs giving it back to the dealership?

You should be able to find your buy-out on your Mazda portal, log in and poke around. Find the info and if the number is like $18k, then it’ll be worth it. If it’s closer to $20k, they may still take it off your hands without having to pay that $350 lease end fee since they’re also a Mazda dealership. If it’s more than that, it will be easier to get them to knock off an additional amount off of whatever your monthly payment is. Can’t hurt to try.

CC has a $1,000 Loyalty offer, don’t they? Is it cash allowance for any buyer? If so, then you could try to get them to add on top but I doubt it. If you manage to negotiate even further down from the $1k plus Costco plus MSDs, that’ll get you at a really good starting point to negotiate with CC. They’ll beat it but probably not by $1k.

Not a bad approach to get SM to give you their lowest offer. I did that with Galpin and they practically hated me by the end of it, but it got me good leverage to take to CC. This was before deals were being had so it was hard to get to my final number. It shouldn’t be as difficult for you now.

Lol first lowball quote from SM…

T5 MOM w/convenience + vision packages

MSRP: 48,655.00
Discount: 2600.00
Sale Price: 46055.00
Term: 36month/7500miles
Drive off: 1218.00
Payment: 610.84 per month

this quote includes Excess Wear & Use(Safe Lease)

Your Multiple Security Deposits will make you payments lower, but in order for us to work the numbers through you would need to sit down with our manager. We would love to earn your business. Would you like to come in this weeks sometime so we can take care of you?

He was right. Volvo doesn’t show dealer incentives.

Is this taking the Costco discount into account? I’m assuming not…