Volvo XC60 inventory seems high

$2k in NE. You can see for yourself on Volvo payment estimator, that’s what I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here in So. Fla inventory is high and doesnt appear to move. Not sure if thats a sign of good things to come!
I was just offered the following deal from a dealer in Deerfield Beach, Fl.

2018 XC60 MOM T5 with $53,350 sticker: 36mo/10k per year with $3k due at signing for $450 plus tax per month. They dropped the price of the car to 45,350 which is approx 15%. I’m not too sure how the $3k is being used in addition to 1st month, tax, tag, dealer fees). Does this sound like a good deal? I’m thinking perhaps I can press them harder at the end of the month.
Any thoughts whether this is a good deal?
Thanks

It would be a really good deal if you get them down to that price with a true zero down. I got mine almost two months ago on a $52,990 MSRP T5 MOM for $498, zero drive off. Are you a Costco member? There’s a deal going on right now til the 2nd…

What dealer was this ? I’m in South Florida and don’t know of any in Deerfield ? Interested . Thanks .

Dont have Costco or sams club. Plan to get a Volvo soon. Should I get one? Would A plan be back for any of these membership? Thanks

If someone has a current XC60 lease, they could get a killer deal on the 18 XC60.

I ran one with just first month and msds @ 435 (with costco 10k per year) per month including all taxes/fees for NJ. T6 Momentum, msrp 51k

2 Likes

Sorry…meant Delray Beach! Gunther Volvo.

Wow…sounds like you got a killer deal based upon the other deals I have seen posted. I am a costco member and the numbers I provided do not reflect the $750 incentive. What dealer did you buy from? I would do a that deal in a heartbeat. Would you be kind enough to give the breakdown of the numbers?
Much appreciated!

Does the current xc60 have to be a lease or can it be owned? That’s the $3k loyalty right?

Has to be a lease that is ending

Wow too bad I’m in the market for a full size suv this time around, as my xc60 lease is ending soon and the new ones are gorgeous.

You can probably get an even better deal on an XC90…

Thanks! Caveat; I did get it with 7,500 miles so that may be where my savings are reflected. I also maxed out MSDs. Have you asked them about that? You can put $5500 down as a totally refundable security deposit and it lowers your money factor by a significant number. The interest rate savings can drop your monthly payment down significantly.

I was planning on purchasing it after the end of the lease so that’s why I went for the lowest miles possible. I still am, unless Volvo’s 9-month pull-ahead program is still around in 2 years. I think I could get a much better deal next time around… Here’s a link to the details of my deal.

Yes, get one, yes A-Plan is available for the XC60 and XC90. It’s basically the same deal as Costco, but you should be able to negotiate further than A-Plan but it’s a good starting point. I’ve had one for almost 2 months and it’s so incredible…

Thanks!! The Volvo dealer here tells me that they don’t offer MSDs. I don’t understand how these dealers are inconsistent with that. That would help me a lot!

They absolutely offer MSDs, push harder, or go to another dealership! Many salespeople aren’t used to doing them so they may think it’s not available. But you’ve got at least one confirmation that Volvo accepts them, so every Volvo dealer has the ability to apply them… I’d recommend trying to get them to agree to removing the $3k down and giving you the same monthly rate. At least get it down to $1-2k down but hackrs recommend zero down. Say you’ll come in and sign today if they do that. Once you are in and confirmed they can honor that offer in writing, push the MSDs thing again at the dealership.

Your butt is in the seat and they will make the sale work even if they’re “losing money” on the deal. If they push back, take the offer you got in writing and take it to the nearest Volvo dealership. If it’s too far of a drive, email their sales manager with a copy of the written offer, and say “if you give me this offer and add the MSDs, you’ve got a deal.” If it’s too far of a drive, they’ll probably ship it to you or drive it over… Good luck! This is what I wish I would’ve done but I brought up MSDs too early, I think, and they didn’t want to negotiate too much further.

Very sound advise! Thanks

1 Like

Some dealers ask me to show proof of the offer and leave the catch of I will see what I can do? If I am writing to the dealer that I got $xyz off MSRP, s/he reply with I will see what I can do that sounded to me they can’t beat it. Should I still email them a copy of the offer with the dealer information on it?

I had this happened to me on Sat, the dealer looked at my email offer and told me he can’t beat it and turned around and called the dealership who gave me the email quote and yelled at them about giving me that much discount. My kid had to go to the BR so I went back in as they were locking down the door and I heard that conversation. I wonder if the Volvo dealers had a price fixing agreement? Diddrent owners, that I know.

Entirely possible if within the same city. If only two or three dealers in the area they might just have an informal agreement between the two owners not to sell below a certain % just because they know it’s mutually beneficial since most people are not willing to go more than 50 miles to cross-shop.

I know that is how the lexus dealer in town is. Only two of them, and both will not go below a certain % off, usually hardly anything but factory incentives. I had to fly to another city to get the bigger % off to make it happen.