2018 Lexus Gx460 Premium Lease without MSD

Looking to lease a GX 460 Premium without MSD’s in MN. Anyway get one recently and out of the two dealers which did you prefer Wayzata or Maplewood?

This i got from the leasehackr calculator. Would be it wise to aim for this deal or better?

In MN tax has to be paid upfront.

MSRP: $59k
Sale Price: $54k
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $629
Drive-Off: $3,154(1st month, Down $0,Reg/doc fee: $480, Total Tax: $2,045)
Refundable MSD Payment: $0
Leasehackr Score: 7.7 years
Disposition Fee: $350
Total Lease Cost: $25,117

Some people are getting in the $500’s but is that only possible with MSD’s? Please advise.

1 Like

That’s a terrible deal. Why would you want to pay such a high drive-off, but not MSDs?

5 Likes

Why the rush, that’s not a vehicle in high demand, shop around. It’s fancy pants 4runner.

1 Like

Drive off is just taxes. I wasnt sure if they roll it in the payment in MN. Per the calculator its needed upfront.

Yeah its not there deal yet just so far all deals I tried in MN are horrible. Tried MDX that was bad and then Volvo was even worse. I picked some deals that leashackrs approved and threw at them and all were rejected. Even with MSD’s.

But like @joeblogs said its not in high demand I have done the same. Threw some numbers at them and waiting to hear back.

Its for the wifey hence the fancy pants needs :wink:

Thanks

You can’t just throw numbers from past deals. What is the current RV, MF and incentives?

2 Likes

Thats an outgoing model. Same body shape for so long. The interior is so old compared to other lexus models. Try to be as close to $550 with least amount of drive offs. If you really want to pay that price range, start working an XC90 deal.

1 Like

Did you end up negotiating a agreeable price with the Wayzata or Maplewood locations? I live in the MSP area and im also in the market for a GX lease. The fact that they are long overdue for a revamp to the interior is a huge downside to the vehicle that should drop the price by quite a bit… Let me know what kind of deal you were able to find!

@Spencer_B
I know its a long time since you were looking for GX. I just recently moved here and I am looking for a GX Premium Lease. Were you able to get a good deal from any of those two dealers? If so could you share roughly what you were able to negotiate?

Nauman_Zahid , towards the end of the month of March I was offered $560 a month with $1600 out of pocket to drive it off the lot. The 1600 included 1st monthly payment, 1 MSD and the rest was cash “down” on the vehicle I believe. Sales tax rolled into monthly.

The only incentive that month was $1000 Lexus
cash. Not sure what incentives they offer now. This was on the middle model GX with msrp around 59k. Sell price was around 54k.

Should also mention that it was a 15k Miles/36 month lease. So expect cheaper if you’re only getting it for 10k miles a year

Interestingly that is exactly the car I first started with. The below is what i got.

So gave up on the idea. I am aiming for 0 down and 500 odd including tax. The cars that my wife wanted was Volvo or the Highlander Limited. I was trying to get her to consider the LX 460 since I thought will be a better handling vehicle in in the MN winters. Kids are a bit rough on the interior as well.

The gx, as someone mentioned, is terribly outdated. For that kind of payment, I could name 20 better alternatives. Most of them are “anything but the 460”.

Tires are the primary differentiator

Yep. I LOL when someone says a CAR sucks in the snow. It’s not the car, genius.

Ok yeah I agree that was a silly statement. Tires and probably some ground clearance. 4W or AW does have plus and negative points. I definitely intend to use winter tires but perhaps the extra ground clearance will help.

Awd helps from a start and to a point while turning. But every car stops the same regardless of driveline.

But yeah, higher vehicles will have better ground clearance and, generally, fare better in accidents.

Ok my friends. This is what I have been offered after two rounds.
GX - Premium
MSRP: $59667
$5k discount (wouldn’t agree to apply the rebate of $2500 even thought there site calculator has it)
sell price: $54667
36 month - 12k
residual: 59%
resdual value: $35203.53
MF: .0006

$54667
$3911 (first payment, license, tax etc)

35 payments on $595

Thoughts?

Find another dealer, because you can do much better. Or find an SUV that leases better. You need to be able to walk away from a dealer like that.

1 Like

What would you consider acceptable on this car. Maybe I just tell them this is what I will do take it or leave it.

Your payment with $0 drive off would be acceptable.

3 Likes

In reality - the $3911 is basically equaling a payment of $704 a month. That’s a terrible price for this car. Cast a wider net since the dealers you’re working with aren’t playing ball. It may be worth it to drive 2-3 hours or more to get a better car. Increase the radius you’re searching in, see what’s available, look at loaner/demo vehicles. Find the MF/RV/Incentives, from there reach out to dealers with specific stock #'s/loaner/demos and see what they can do. Then counter, be firm, if they can meet your payment, you’ll be down there today. Someone will either come close or bite at your payment.

1 Like