2018 Lexus Gx460 Premium Lease without MSD

Ok I will give that a try.

@tritus91 : One thing though those taxes, registration and license are something MN collects upfront. So I will have to pay those I believe.
Something I am not sure they roll into payments here.

I was thinking maybe reply to them with $525 a month. Taxes are obviously paid upfront so $525 will be the total a month. If they dont agree I look further out. I do work in California and have an address there. Maybe I should just drive it back from there.

Not sure why you’re stuck on that Lexus. Could get way more for your money with something else.

Just get her the Highlander Limited.

1 Like

I got my Highlander Limited for $505 a month, with $2500 neg equity. I paid Acq, Doc, and Title up front. It rides better than the Lexus GX as it’s not on the 4Runner frame.

1 Like

IMO, GX rides better than the Highlander on the highway.

@changehiphop $505 includes tax? I dont quite understand $2500 neg equity. But if I could get it for that price I would take it immediately.

@JustinK I am not really stuck on it. Was just trying to see if they go lower and make it worth it. Got shot down by Volvo, MDX and Toyota was even worse. In CA it was easy to negotiate. In MN its been a nightmare.

Yes, $505 includes tax (6% Michigan). $2500 Negative equity on my trade in, they rolled it into my payments over 36 months, so my payment without the neg equity would’ve been around $440 a month.

@changehiphop - Wow! That is a super deal. I got shot down by Toyota. They refused to even come close to $550. I am just getting burnt out by talking to these dealers out here.

You member of a credit union? They usually have a broker they are tied in with, you could give that a shot if you’re burned out

I started by emailing 4 different dealers with the trim I wanted, and the price I was looking for (10% off MSRP to start) and I CC’d all the dealers at once. I was open and honest with my communication with them, and I let them fight each other for the deal. It helps that I have about 9 Toyota dealers within 40 miles of my home… I had a lot of options. I should also mention mine was an executive car (demo, the owner of the dealership had been using it) so I was able to get a deeper discount than usual.

You need to stop going back to same dealer. My friend signed one back in Feb, $1000 drive of $540 monthly. And that too in S. FL. If anything, deals should be better now . Just go to different dealer.

2 Likes

Agree. Get them working against each other.

I did one at 482 last month in FL, so you should be able to shave off quite a bit. 800 driveoff + 2000 msds, 7500 miles. However, this month I believe residuals got one point worse so that should bring you to 499.

Without MS, mine would have been 532 w/ 1500. That was in Dec though

GX and LX are both truck base SUV. IMO, you get these two model if you are after their off road capability. If you are not offroading or at least some very tough terrain, you are mostly paying for something you don’t use with scarified in comfort, road handling and gas milage. Especially for GX, it is actually very small inside for the exterior dimension, 3rd row is very much emergency only. They handle worse than typical 3 row crossovers.

The last part I kind of don’t agree. higher center of gravity is a bad thing for handling. And in case of accident,. It is easier to roll.

Easier to roll granted, but with this car my insurance has never been lower. I’m on my parents policy as if I was on my own, I’d be paying 400+ per month. On their policy, my car is cheaper than their 2007 LS. The GX is a VERY safe car.

Nowadays with stability control and everything else, the probability is lessened significantly. Insurance companies love big and heavy vehicles for a reason. Physics always wins out.

1 Like

Thanks guys! So I am gonna take all the ideas and try and apply these. Get as many of them working against each other. Chicago isnt that far a drive. So I will start with dealers over there. Hopefully the out of state lease isn’t an issue for Chicago dealers.

One question I wasnt clear on. MN asks for taxes on lease upfront so I am assuming they cant be rolled into payments. Even leasehackr calculators does that for MN.

No doubt it is a very safe car. But insurance premium has more to do with how safe the car is, ie. how likely to be stolen, cost to repair … Car with the same safety test result and record can have lower or higher premium.

Again, no doubt a heavy truck will better for the occupants given the car didn’t roll. But would you say a lighter more maneuverable car will have a change of avoiding the accident to begin with? Physical always wins in this situation too.

I think one issue with the Lexus brand is if someone wants a 3 row SUV with an usable 3rd row, you have to go to a truck based model. Even with the new RX-L, 3rd row isn’t too usable.