2017 BMW i3 REx lease - 36mo / 10k mi / $298mo

Thank you~ you are the man~!

1 Like

Hey guys,
this is the deal i got through email. its 10% off MSRP. Would you please share some feedback on this deal?

30months
10K/year
MSRP is $54295
Selling Price $49135 (10% off MSRP)
Residual Value: 61%
MF: 0.00085

Also did anyone able to get more off MSRP in the Bay Area, CA?

Update
I have received fleet discount $1500
so the new selling price is $47635

And your MF should go down 20 points to .00065.
What’s your payment now?

@max_g Thank you for the feedback

Right now with
7500 fed rebate
0 downpayment

monthly before tax is $328

Does BMW have loyalty discount? I currently have 5 series lease.

Why not lease an VW e-Golf SE for $136/month ?

$31625 MSRP with DCFC

Stevens Creek VW - ask for Brent

My co-worker and I each leased one last week.

I was going to lease an e-Golf but the range doesn’t work for my new job commute. Plus, the range extender on i3 greatly reduces the range anxiety. FWIW, e-Golf is a solid car if the range works for you.

e-Golf range was an issue for me as well.

Loyalty discount is from the dealers so it depends. I thought it was from BMWFS until I called them.

I got a 11.5% discount on a $53k i3 in SoCal on Sunday. I think you can aim 12% off if you can find a dealer eager to sell. I feel It’s kind of difficult to push beyond 12% off at this time of the year, but it won’t hurt to try.

p.s., Feb leasing terms are coming tonight.

Yes, That’s a great deal. I’m in talks with a dealer here in the San Fernando Valley for the same car and would like to apply your math. Can you also PM me the details? Cheers. @SoloPierre

I have reached out to 3 other dealers in the Bay Area and so far all the dealers stopped responding when I asked for 11.5% discount.
I am in no hurry, so I am planning to wait for another week and try again.

It’s ridiculous here in the Bay Area. I can’t even get any dealers to 10% off msrp. Like stated above, I’m stuck at 7.5% or so. Probably have to wait till March to try again.

Yea, based on my shopping experience, i3 is not a very profitable car for salesperson. I have contacted at least 7 dealerships in SoCal and none of them followed up after they said no to my offer. In comparison, I have test driven VW e-golf last year and the sales guy called me 10+ times afterwards offering better terms. I actually felt bad for him, but I got a new job and e-Golf wasn’t practical for my new commute, so I didn’t take their deal.

With that being said, I would still go for at least 12% off. The tactic I used was pitching the offer to the salesperson. Call them. Text/email the detailed lease term and the car you want with stock# (find it on their website). Convince them you are serious and you are ready to take the car off their parking lot TODAY if they agree on the terms. From a salesperson perspective, they are motivated to make a low profit sale if it’s quick so they have more time to work on other clients.

I’d be interested in the the dealer and sales contact you used for your i3 lease, thanks!

So I sent Ronaldo an email asking if I could work with him to see if we can get a sub $300 payment, and here is his response:

That deal was from way back in 2015.

Can’t get those anymore.
BMW is no longer doing MSD’s (security deposits)

Thank you for your interest.

Guy doesn’t even want to try. Didn’t say that I had to have the same deal. This is now the third dead end.

But you did ask for a “sub $300” deal which is in his view is unattainable.

If you want a good lease, I am afraid rather than have a cramped, strange looking, range limited i3 for over 300, you will need to settle for a demo/loaner E300 lease under $300. Oh the horror …

excluding BMW/corporate discounts (fleet, new grad, USAA, etc. - note, most cannot be combined), ask for discount below invoice from dealer. You should get a few to offer at least $1,000 below invoice.
I contacted about 20 dealers in Feb (via their online sales depts.) and got $1,250 below invoice - for a very specific set of options.

then reduce from there for whatever offers you qualify for
unfortunately reduced MF for MSDs not available

What were you thinking when you got yours lol

Just FYI, i was shopping around got i3 last week in SoCal but it’s for BEV though. Almost all dealers can give a 3.5K off MSRP. Long Beach and Ontario seemed very interested to do the business. Second round of email, Long Beach offered 5k off 48,000$ MSRP car. I didn’t pursue it though. Since end of the month is just around the corner, you should be able to get some good deal.

BMW riverside does give me an offer for REX --> 359+tax with 988$ drive off. MSRP unknown.

Except that its not. Even on their website they have an offer for $289/mo + tax with $4214 due at signing, and that was based on MSRP:

Lease is based on the 2017 i3 base equipped with optional equipment. MSRP as equipped is $47,145. $2,257.00 Dealer contribution and $7,500 Lease Cash are required for the $289 monthly payment. $4,214 is due at signing.

So it can be done. Guess the guy is so busy he has the luxury of turning down sales. So I’ll just find someone else there.