Looking for e-golf

hi,im looking for 2016 e-golf SEL. 12k/miles 3 years, in socal
looking around $200 with $0 drive offs
so far all dealers want some drive off with that price
I want to get it this weekend
thank you for helping

1 Like

I can give you a tiny bit of data on this. I was considering an e-Golf and have been watching the offers this month, though mostly the SE version.

First there are very few 2016 cars left her in So. Cal. My feeling is that the dealers with cars remaining are the ones that are unwilling to do much discounting. The dealers that are more willing to deal have already unloaded their e-Golfs.

The best offers this month have all been at dealers in the Bay area and most of those dealers are now just about out of cars too. The prices up there averaged $2,000 less over the life of the lease compared to the advertised So. Cal deals. It was enough of a spread that if I was going to buy one I probably would have flown up, bought the car and then shipped it back. I could do that and still be $1,000 ahead.

Second as I’m sure you’ve seen everyone expects you to put down the $2,500 CA rebate to lower the payments. They have a hard time understanding it is better the buyer not to do cap reduction. Expect a fight to get a true zero down deal.

OK, so can you get $200 payments and $0 drive off on an SEL? Assuming VW is still doing $7,500 lease credit (basically giving you the Federal credit) and that they sell you the car for $30,000 which is an aggressive 16% I’m getting $308 a month pre-tax with a $1,498 drive off. Based on that I’m thinking you can’t get to $200 with zero drive off on an SEL. The numbers just won’t work. In fact to get to $197 before taxes and still with $1,377 drive-off the selling price of the car has to be $26,000 or almost $10,000 off on the dealer side.

But I’d be happy to be wrong. Always possible a dealer needs to move another car or two at months end. I’d suggest figuring out which dealers still have cars and emailing each of them. Tell them where you want to be and say if they can get to that number you’ll buy a car this weekend. Just watch that they don’t try to shift you into an SE without DC quick charge…

hi Tirpitz,
thank you for your info
I just got my 2016 e-golf SE totaled
somebody t-boned me
my current lease is $245/month with $0 drive off with 15k miles/year
I got that on November 2015
so now I’m looking replacement, I wish I could get the SEL but I’m happy to get SE as long as has CCS
regards

I think some of the dealerships are not restocking the SE anymore, in anticipation of the 2018 maybe?

Here is what I get from my shopping recently (this month, so the prices would still be applicable).

Garden Grove offer (zero negotiation done, you should be able to do better)
SE with DC Quick Charge
MSRP 31625
Selling Price: 24301
Fed. Rebate: 7500
30 month lease, 15,000 miles
$0 out of pocket - first month paid
Payment = 296/month + tax
Residual = 10436.25
Tax = 7.75

McKenna (follow up offer upon second email)
MSRP 36945 (SEL?)
Selling Price 28599
Fed Rebate 7500
36 months, 15000 miles, 30% residual
Tax = 7.75
You can probably back calculate the monthly payment

What happens to the 2.5k CVRP?

The rumor I heard is that the 2017 cars are due to start arriving in July and those will have about 50% more range. The 2018 won’t appear until sometime in 2018. But it is a rumor, nothing official so who knows???

Good data points by the way! My back of the envelope calculations were for less than 15K miles so slightly higher residual.

The McKenna quote plugged into the calculator is $264 before tax with $1,450 drive off (roughly).

Roadster.com says they will lease you an SEL for $367.90 (that includes LA County tax) with zero due at delivery. That is 15K miles. 10K miles is $333.97. An SE from them at 15K is $255.94 but I believe that is lacking DC fast charge.

So by my figuring the McKenna offer beats Roadster.

regarding CVRP, I don’t know yet, tried to call them for few days no answer at all
the best I could find on SEL today is $270 + tax, $0 drive off on 12K
no luck finding the SE

From the 2017 CVRP implementation manual, it looks like they may make an exception for vehicles that are totaled.

'The Administrator will follow specific procedures when managing vehicles that received
a rebate at the time of original sale or lease and have since been sold or returned to the
dealer prior to the 30-month ownership commitment (see Attachment A).

Purchasers or lessees who must resell a vehicle or return a leased vehicle to a dealer
due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances such as military duty or a totaled
vehicle may be exempt from returning the prorated rebate amount. Military duty
exemptions will be approved by CARB on a case-by-case basis.’

hi all,
does this a good one or no??

2016 e-golf SEL
$27,980.00 Sales Price
$625.00 Aquistion fee
$302.00 Dmv
$8.75 State tire fee
$28,605.00 Total Cap Cost
$7500.00 Cap Reduction
$21,105.00 Adj Cap Cost
$11.822.40 Residual
$282.21 Payment,
$500.00 down payment,
12k miles per year, 36 month lease
location socal

What is the MSRP?

Maybe it is only me, but if I am paying close to 300$, I would get the i3 for electric car.

the msrp is $36.945.

where can I get i3 for $300/month on 12K? please

As I mentioned in the post, I got pretty much get 5k right off the bat. With some negotiation, you should be able to get it down to 300$. I suggest you get a few other quotes using the 5k as baseline and ask for Enrique from McKenna with your best offer for him to beat. SoCal is so competitive, most dealerships would want to earn your sale in the slowest period of the year.

FYI, these # are from last weekend, and since June is officially ended, I am not sure if the numbers for next month would stays the same (as far as residual and money factor goes).

Good luck!

is it with zero drive off??

I’m currently leasing an e-golf SE that i’m looking to get out of (range issue with kids attending different schools this year). $225/month 36K total mile lease with 16 months and 17K miles left on the lease. Includes Volkswagen care package.

Message me if interested in taking over.

Also in socal.