2018 Range Rover p250 Velar lease

Hey hackrs, I’m back on the market for a sporty suv/crossover and got the quote below on a Range Rover Velar…

Year: 2018
Make, Model, and Trim: Range Rover Velar p250
Months/Annual Mileage: 39 months/10k
Zip Code: 08817
Msrp is $58994
Sale price $53974
Residual is 56%
$0 down just first months payment
Monthly price is $675

It was a “service loaner”. Would love to hear opinions on this deal. Should I sign?

Thanks,

I’ve been trying to crack this myself for a while now. The closest I’ve gotten is around 650 with 1500 down (plus some fees). If you’re not interested, could you please pass the lead? This is better than what I’ve got!

I think you can get more off MSRP, how many miles?

How much more are you thinking? I forgot to jot down the mileage of the loaner but my lease deal is with 10k a year.

I don’t like Land Rover dealers. They act like Land Rover is SOMETHING. I tried to crack Velar too but some dealers are just ignored me when I asked for 15% for 2018 model.
Just ended up with 2018 Maserati Levante.

I should try 15~20% for loaner. Just ask them 20% and see what they say.

Congrats on the Levante! It looks awesome. How would you rate it against the velar? I’m targeting a monthly payment of $700 or below so Maserati is definitely outta my range. I’m going to ask for %15 off the loaner tomorrow. Fingers crossed

I LOVE the look and drive! Velar probably has more high tech features, but I’m telling you, you gotta test drive Levante.
Also, your quote is less than 10%, that’s what I got for NEW 2018 Velar.
Good Luck!!

You can do much better. Working on a deal with the P380 R-Dynamic SE - 39/10 for $640 pre-tax. Take a look over at the 2018 velar lease thread at edmunds to figure out what the base MF and incentives are for the month. Negotiate the sales price pre-incentives as the incentives are “reimbursed” by the manufacturer to the dealer (makes no difference to their bottom line - at least from what I understand).

Wow. Edmunds shows a 3k cash incentive for the velar so the dealer isn’t giving me a real discount. Is your deal with $0 down?

$3k maybe for finance only.

Na edmunds says $3k incentive is for finance or lease

Can any one of you tell me what state you’re in?

The zipcode is given in the OP

Correct - $0 down except first month payment.

IMO a loaner should be much closer to $600. Maybe even below.
$675 is what I’d pay for a non loaner 2019.

Kinda on topic here, I’m curious about the strategy people use when they are negotiating prices. When someone says “I’m going to shoot for 15% off”, is that what you are asking for, or are you countering the dealer’s offer with an actual dollar figure? To me personally saying “I’d be interested in making a deal at $51,000” on a $60,000 car sounds more confident and serious than “I want 15% off”.

1 Like

I agree. My plan is to ask for the 15% off by using the discounted price.

Yea and it’s also the base model so I definitely think I can get more $ off