'17 Volt LT lease in MD; effectively $168, $0 due at signing

I posted this in another thread, but figured this deserved its own post.

Negotiated with the sales guy I know just about all month. Finally signed the paperwork last night and drove away in my new siren red '17 Volt LT! Here’s the nitty gritty:

After factoring in the $2,300 MD credit, an effective monthly payment of $197.
However, this deal included $817 in negative equity on the Cruze lease trade-in (upside down $1,639, but received $822 trade-in tax credit, so $817 total negative equity).
Separating the Cruze trade, the deal on the Volt itself after MD tax credit would have been $174 a month, $0 down!

And if I also didn’t do the waive acq fee for MF bump (will be better for me since I’ll be swapping this Volt in ~6 months), the payment would have dropped to just $168/month, $0 down.

I did get a crapload of incentives a lot of people may not qualify for ($1k private offer, $500 farm bureau, $903 GM card points), but even without any rebates, this deal would have been $299/month, $0 down (or $235/month after factoring the MD credit).

Leasing sucks!

2 Likes

I got the same car for 137+tax with 1500 down (but basically 0 as i reveived cheque from ev california)

Good job! I should have had you negotiate my deal. The closest I got on the '17 Premier with them was $440/mo on my third choice. I ended up going with Ourisman Rockmont. I got the options I wanted plus the extra cost blue color for $410. I may have been able to work it lower, but it was good enough. After the MD rebate, I have a virtual payment of $352. I wish I had asked them to throw in the full Onstar for the duration of the lease. I had it on my last lease standard. GM has changed and reduced the offer to only 6 months. Thereafter, you get the basic Remotelink stuff only. Anything above that, you have to buy.

This one is a solid deal, Not as many rebates and tax credits apply in California than Maryland…

Have a few of these base ones in stock in Southern California.
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT

Silver, White, Black

$225 w/ SoCal Tax
$0 Due at signing
36 Mo 10k
$595 Service fee and I deliver

MSRP: $34095
Price / Cap cost: $30,000
.00040 MF
51% 10k miles -2% for 12k -3% for 15k
Includes $7360 in rebates, more if loyalty applies.
First Payment, Taxes and fees rolled in.
$395 Turn in fee waived.

2017 volt lt at Quirk chevy in MA. 85 a month 1999 down or 145 a month 36 months 0 down. 8k off msrp 27555 selling price

1 Like

Good luck getting anywhere near those numbers once you actually start negotiating with them. Trust me, I tried. Might have better luck finding a unicorn pooping rainbow ice cream.

Thanks. I will post the outcome of the “real” numbers.

Ya, tried at Dublin, last words from the Finance guy, was to the affect of ya, the only way to get your numbers is putting like $9k down. This is the same place that has $98 a month plastered all over a bunch of Volts in their lot.

Looks like they have a $97/month lease special for all in stock '17s with $36k MSRP and below which requires $3,995 cash down, so actually $208/month with 0 down, + TTL and fees. $1k private offer would shave $28/month off that payment…$500 farm bureau another $14.

With those $1,500 in rebates, that would probably bring a final, $0 down monthly lease quote down close to $200/month depending on taxes.

And if CA ever restarts the $1,500 rebate, that’s more money saved.

Thanks bro :slight_smile:

Ya I’ll wait and see what happens unfortunately the cars I looked at had MSRP of $41-$42K (not like the Volt is even worth that money, but it’s their game…).

I’ll see what happens in the next couple of weeks

Tory

Bro, where does the MD tax credit go?

You get a check in the mail a few weeks after you apply for the credit.

1 Like

who is the dealer in maryland?

Thanks bro1999. Can you share a few worthwhile Volt dealers in DC-Balt area? I’m willing to stretch that definition to reach from Richmond to Baltimore.

I leased my Volt (and 2 Spark EVs) from Win Kelly in Clarksville. Contact Daniel Bryant (Dbryant@winkelly.com). Mention that Brian R. referred you, and you should be able to cut through the typical dealer B.S.

1 Like

This is most excellent. I will indeed contact him. Perhaps I will be able to help him hit an August target. Thank you.

I got $3,748 off MSRP before incentives on my June 17 LT deal, so keep that in mind. Should be able to get something like that too.

Be aware Premiers have about $400 less lease cash and higher money factor than LTs (.0006 compared to .0004 for LTs)

1 Like

What is the lease for the Volt in California now a day?

1 Like

Can somebody help me with these numbers? Does it sound about right for 36/10k miles For an LT. 1100 drive off and 205 per month.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

$4k dealer discount… lease numbers in line…looks like a sweet deal! Try to get a Chevy.com Private offer for another $1k off!